No response from Paypal customer service/helpdesk

danimirnik
New Community Member

I have contacted Paypah help through email more than 10 days ago and still haven't received any reply? Is this normal or what? Because I'm waiting for a refund from 2chechkout page for more than 3 weeks and still haven't received it on Paypal... 2checkout.com is very responsive, they gave me the proofs of transactions etc, but Paypal user service is unresponsive. I don't know what should I do to get my refund in time... I mean, it's a real crap from Brand in which we "have to" trust.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danimirnik

To be honest their response to emails is pretty bad and I would never use that way to contact them.

If you paid by a debit or credit card then the refund won't go back to your paypal balance it would go direct to your card so check your funding sources and see if its there.

If it went back to your paypal balance (if you paid via instant bank transfer), then double check you have not spent it as when you buy an item if there are funds in that balance paypal will use those first and take the remainder from your funding source.

Did you get a paypal email to say you had been sent a refund??

Finally try one of these methods of contacting them >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sbach56
New Community Member

I have been going through the same issue for over 3 weeks. I have 3 forms of back up payments attached to my Paypal account. Funds always come directly from my personal checking account. I purtchased something on Ebay, and the funds never came out of the bank account, it just gave me a negative balance on Paypal. My Paypal debit card was frozen.I was also charged a subscription fee for something I canceled a month in advance, both through the website and through Paypal. After several attempts to email, I finally called. I went through 3 people before I finally got one who was in the "right" department. She assured me that the subscription funds would be reversed and my card was unfrozen and she would make sure the payment came out of my bank account....she said that sometimes when you use your PIN to purchase something it can cause a problem with the card....WHAT? I always use the PIN. I've had this account for 10 years. So far, at least 3 times my new card was sent to an old address...(that's another issue...back to topic)

So, still no resolution...called 3 times in the past few days, am put on hold and have to listen to the robot woman who then tells me I don't have to wait on hold, Paypal will call me back in "18 minutes"....that was yesterday afternoon. I'm starting to get really **bleep** off. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.