Need assistance

Eric67
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to sell my motorcycle. I had a buyer they posted the buying priceand the shipping price in the account I received an email saying I needed to send her shipper the shipping price but the total is in the PayPal account.  Now im so nervous that the pending amount in my say PayPal account isn't real. What should I do

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eric67

Are the funds actually SHOWING in your paypal account balance because this sounds like a scam.

Read this and see  >>>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often say they can't collect because they are disabled / working abroad / in the military or its for a friend.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of motor vehicle.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eric67
Contributor
Contributor

Thank goodness we didn't proceed

Login to Me Too

Eric67
Contributor
Contributor

It says pending....

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you can refund part of his payment and ask him to pay his shipper himself.

so if he files dispute,he would only get back what is not refunded.

Like the other said,if there is no protection for motor vehicle,then why are you asking for Paypal payment?

most are conducted in cash on site,cashier check,wiretransfer ,

Login to Me Too

Eric67
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't request it. I've never done anything like this before. And the transaction wasn't completed because I needed more info

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you did not request it,how did he manage to send you payment?

he has to know your Paypal email address

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Wait until you see a change in the payment status to say completed and refund, you'll have to eat the flat rate portion of the fee but 30 cents is worth it to undo this.  Ask for cash and carry.  Who would ship a motor vehicle in a sale, anyway?  Really?  Shouldn't they show up and check if it is in working condition themselves and then turn over cash?  This ain't no car dealership.  Duh?!  Don't make sense.  They should watch The People's Court. lol Smiley Wink

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.