I returned item now seller saying its damaged

Claireandrobo
New Community Member

Hi,

i wonder if anyone can give me some advice.

i bought a programmable wireless thermostat on Ebayer, when my plumber came to fit it he said it wasn't compatible with my boiler as I needed a thermostat that wasn't programmable, I sent the seller a email asking if I could return it, it hadn't been taken out of the box, he ignored my email,  I then asked for a return through eBay which  was declined, so I made a claim through PayPal to return it. PayPal agreed I could return it I sent tracking information. The item was packaged up better than when I received it. I checked the tracking number and the seller had received it back yesterday but today he's put a claim into PayPal stating the item was returned damaged. I can't see how this could have happened it was well packaged and the device was also boxed within a box. I believe the seller is doing this out of spite.

Does this mean I will now not get a refund as he is stating its damaged?

Thanks in advance

Claire

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claireandrobo

Sorry but no one here can second guess what paypal will decide, you just have to wait it out and give them any information that they ask for.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Claireandrobo
New Community Member

Ok thank you for your reply 

thanks

claire 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.