I THINK IM BEING SCAMMED?

lunartic

So, just last night I put an ad on Craigslist selling my Xbox One. Once I woke up in the morning I recieved a text from someone interested, so of course I responded telling him everything about it. It was at this moment where I began to come into suspicion. The man asked if I would ship it to him and said he would pay $150 extra. I asked for the address where I would be sending it to but replied without telling me and ignored the question. He demanded for my PayPal email and full name. Yes I gave it to him and after that he sent me the address where I would be shipping it to and thats where I found out it was to Nigeria?! First of all his Area code is 307 which is somewhere in Wyoming, second of all, he seems to be rushing me, and third of all his name is "Joseph <removed>" as his emails name is "Rolland <removed>". I was so close to going through with this until I puzzled the pieces together. I would just like to know where would I report this fraud/scammer? Also I was sent an email from *QUOTE* """PayPal""" saying that I was sent $450 USD, and in the other email I was sent it said "$400 USD". A fooled man can't get fooled twice.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lunartic

Also I looked up the address on safari. NO ADDRESS WAS FOUND. I looked on google for the Zip code and then a whole bunch of paypal forums came up. So I was just like "woah". The zip code was +23401

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

First alert:  it was a reply to a Craigs List ad for electornics.

Second alert:  Buyer offered to pay a LOT extra for shipping to an unspecified location.

That was the time send to sppof at PayPal.com

That was not the time to provide more information to the buyer, including your name and PayPal email.

Just monitor you associated accounts and emails carefully.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.