Fraudulent sellers`

shoeprincess
New Community Member

A seller with 100% feedback accepted my offer of $135 for a pair of jeans she listed for $165 but told me she could not adjust the price on her Ipad, asked me to pay the full amount and she would refund the difference the next day. She also agreed to ship them the next day as her listing states she will ship 4 to 5 days after payment. I would not have bought them if she did not agree to the $135 or shipping the next day. Since August 12, she has been "missing in action." Not only did she not refund the $30, she did not ship the jeans and would not respond to any of my emails. When I contacted PayPal to open a case, the agent attempted to conference call for me to speak to the seller. Seller refused to come to the phone, saying she had been at market the last 2 days and didn't have access to a computer and planned to ship the jeans on August 18, 5 days later than what she had agreed to. Since that would not be acceptable to me, she said she would no longer ship the jeans and will refund my money. The PayPal representative also told me she would follow up on the case and if the refund had not been issued, she would reverse the fund herself. Today, when nothing happened, I called PayPal and they said "nothing can be done for 10 days." They can plainly see that she seller had failed to comply with any of the stipulated terms of sale, refused to respond to inquiries but refused to do anything for 10 days. What else can I do. Meanwhile, the seller would not communicate at all. How did she get her 100% feedback?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AdamD

Hi shoeprincess -

The certainly does sound like a frusrating experince and I am sorry to hear that you are having to go through this. Through our purchase protection we do have to give a seller 10 full days to respond to a claim. If we do not receive a response within that time frame, we would automatically reverse the payment to you on the 11th day.

Here's link about purchase protection that you can take a look at: http://bit.ly/XwwRjo

As for your seller, we would recommend leaving feedback about the experience that you have had with them. This is the best way to let others know your story.

- Adam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.