ERICDRESS scam

Ledesma20
New Community Member

December 14th, I purchased what I thought were two beautiful coats I saw adverised online from ERICDRESS. Right away I was sent an email that the transaction is complete and they got their money ($87.22)  from paypal. I waited and waited and waited for the items to arrive at my door.  It wasn't until after a month later that I received what looked like it had to have been a mistake. I saw two ugly looking pieces of clothing that were the wrong material, size, color and the buttons don't fit into the holds. I filed a complaint with paypay that I wanted a refund. ERICDRESS emailed me back that they wanted pictures with good lighting as proof. I took pictures of what was advertised and what they sent me and forwared to them--they emailed me back and offered $12 in refund. I said no and they then offered me $18. Paypal agreed to investigate further and said I could get a full refund if I pay for shipping and handling to ship the items back to China. I checked with UPS and the Post Office on prices. it would cost me more than the $87.22 to ship them back which I'm sure ERICDRESS knew that. I have sense google them and cannot believe all the complaints against them. Big mistake for not checking them out first.

So I went back to the resolution center of paypal and had to cancel my dispute because it wouldn't make sense to send them back at that shipping cost. So I'm stuck with items that are only worth to clean my floor. Paypal says if you cancle then you are admitting the case is resolved. I want paypal to know that nothing was resolved to my satisfaction. Why paypal continues to do business with a company that is obviously scamming people, I don't understand. ERICDRESS may be keeping my money, but I will make sure that they loose business that is worth more than they took from me. You can believe that!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Carolyn_uk
Contributor
Contributor

I am having similar problems with Ericdress - if they are as disreputable as they appear surely Paypal should not process funds for them? I wish I'd seen your comment before, and the many others onlnie, it's disgusting 

Login to Me Too

AMariab
New Community Member

I had the same issue but worse. I spent over $100. The items i received was total garbage. Like they used high quality photos of designer clothes but you get shipped cheap replicas very cheap quality material, small child like sizes. Actually they were like 95% downgraded from photo on website. I had buttons missing. Cheap plastic zipper. I can go on and on. I requested a dispute because I could not get results from them. Paypal did not help much either..I should have used a credit card they would have gotten results. I was also asked by paypal to ship the items back which cost more than the junk i received. I did not close my dispute. It was closed by paypal because I replied the cost would be more than the actual puchase..so by returning items at my own expense I would loose more money.  I would think that from all the bad reviews this company gets paypal would cancel their account. In Addition, i sent photos plus links to complaint sites. I have found many complaints all over the web about Ericdress...I should have looked before I purchased. Also I thought paypal protects us from this kind of business..I guess not.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

try filing chargeback with your cc issuer if you used your credit card.

Show them the pictures and item description,you may win without having to return the item.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@lancelotme wrote:

try filing chargeback with your cc issuer if you used your credit card.

Show them the pictures and item description,you may win without having to return the item.

OH,MORE,Ericdress will lose and pay a chargeback fee of $20 per chargeback,Paypal may even shut down his account.

Chargeback hits Paypal first since it is Paypal which holds the merchant account and eating too many chargebacks make Paypal look bad !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.