Issue with Paypal Prepaid Card?

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, since the PayPal Prepaid Debit site has changed, I haven't been able to complete the instant transfers. I've called Paypal multiple times with no resolution, the agents told me my account was in good standing and to simply try again. Tried 5 hours apart today and still no luck. I continuously get the the following:

"Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.

If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service."

Usually when this happens there's a big thread about it on here, but I see nothing. Maybe it's just me this time? Anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

coffeeramblings
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same problem for over a week now. I wish they would hurry up and fix the website "glitch" or whatever is wrong with it.

Login to Me Too

VampGoddess
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue!  It's frustrating beyond words!  I'm glad to see that it's not just me, though, thank you for the post.

Login to Me Too

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

Is there someone with a debit card that this issue isn't happening to? Can we at least get clarification that this isn't a network wide issue? Maybe that can help us figure out what we need to do to actually receive our money.

Login to Me Too

coffeeramblings
Contributor
Contributor

I've been communicating through the PayPal customer service via their Facebook page. I was told to delete my cookies an internet cache or try a different web browsers. Well, I've tried all that and it hasn't helped any. After that, I had taken a screenshot of the actual error message and sent it to them. The rep said they were forwarding it over to another rep who would look into the matter. Well, that has been a few days and I haven't heard anything from them.

Update: I was sent a reply from Paypal on Facebook that I should contact the customer service through the prepaid website about the problem. I had actually sent an email to the custmoer service there, but I received an reply with the basic details on how to use the paypal transfer, which I already know how to do. So, I sent them another email today asking them to see if there is a glitch in the website.

Login to Me Too

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

When this is resolved, if this is resolved, I'm probably gonna have to move on from Paypal. Had an account for nine years and never, at any other service, have I encountered such poor customer service.It's flagrantly obvious our concerns don't matter.

They say contact customer service, but they know nothing (one of the people even lied about transferring me to a supervisor), the message center never replied after 4 days, the facebook service agents haven't replied, no moderators/support people here have anything to say...meanwhile people are suffering because the site that's designed to do basically one thing can't do that thing. Unacceptable.

I'd rather deal with a service that may not be instant than have the illusion of convenience with this card.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are any of you trying to Instant Transfer over $300 dollars to the card?  Can't do more than that daily.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

The interface of the site doesn't even let you go through with the transaction if you type in more than 300 or the amount that is in your account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ok.

Have you tried the contact info here?

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/account/contact.m

And also the number on back of card if different than in link above.

I only have the PayPal Debit Mastercard and it is working fine.  

Have you tried using the PayPal Prepaid mobile app?  See if it let's you do instant transfer there.  Something in the system is blocking instant transfer feature so it's puzzling the agent didn't think it was a system issue if your account is in good standing.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting that it's working for you.  Thanks for the advice.

Believe me though in the past 4-5 days I've tried all that. I made sure my account info matched my Paypal's to the tee, downloaded the app, used 4 devices and 4 browsers..no luck. I guess I'll download the app on my wi-fi only phone and see what happens.

I almost think at the rate I've been trying to do it that could have something to do with the denial at this point...but I just can't get anyone on the phone who knows enough about the system to give me some insight.

I contacted paypal and the email/number on that page multiple times. They seem to know as much as I do on the phone. But they haven't replied to my email.  

One of the agents said they'd put a ticket in 3 days ago but nothing has come back from that. I'll just keep badgering people I guess.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.