Paypal Debit Card Notification emails not working since 9/23/2014

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

As of today Oct 2nd 2014 it's a week since the PP Debit card notification emails have not been working, at all.

I've verified with other PP debit card holders that theirs are also not working.

Initially when I contacted PP about this on the 24th I was informed that PP was not aware of such an issue, when I insisted that it is NOT some issue with my emails or spam filters (I've been a PP debit card holder for well over a decade & avid user) there was some info found that "some users" were having issues.

Having tried to get more information about this I was told in writing that the issue should be resolved by Monday Sept 30th 2014, needless to say this never happened.

As of right now it seems like this is an issue for all such card holders based on the info I have retireved by asking around (I think it is highly unlikely that specifically the people I happen to know would all be in the category of "some users").

So at this point I would ike to know what the REAL story is, needless to say it doesn't take a week in 2014 to figure out what the technical issue is of this sort. Mind you this is a feature that was available from day one of PP debit cards, and has worked somewhat reliably since then with some outages at times.

It would appear something else is going on at this point, related to the ongoing split from eBay? Security issues? Other internal political issues? Something in the "explanations" provided don't add up!

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

EmDee
New Community Member

Noticed it since September 21, since I use the card almost everyday.  The other thing that bothers me is that it also doesn't notify you of the withdrawl of the backup funding for the purchase (usually comes a day or two after the purchase).  This is especially disconcerning, because if there is fraudulent actiivity with your card, you may not know until it's already hit your bank account.  At least with the instant notifications of purchase you have the chance to dispute them before they touch your bank account.

And yes, I also experience the same check the button and save your settings, only to have the button unchecked again.  I think the bug occurred when I went to log in and it forced me to the "new" PayPal site, and I switched it back to classic.  Now I don't know how to go back to the "new" site to see if I could save the notifications setting there (or if it's buggy in there too).

I've been a PayPal member since 1998 and this is the first time I've ever had to complain about their service (hencem my first ever post).  I find myself logging into PayPal everyday now just to make sure nothing crazy is happening, especially with the way these hackers are busting into POS records at major retailers these days. Hope it's fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi all!

Just to let everyone know, I've merged a couple of different threads together here for simplicity sake. We're truly sorry for the obvious frustration this situation is causing. What's happening is a known issue and our engineers are working towards a solution as soon as possible. Regrettably I don't have an ETA on when that will be complete but I assure you it is a high priority. We all appreciate your patience while this is sorted out.

- Andy

Login to Me Too

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Andy wrote:

Hi all!

Just to let everyone know, I've merged a couple of different threads together here for simplicity sake. We're truly sorry for the obvious frustration this situation is causing. What's happening is a known issue and our engineers are working towards a solution as soon as possible. Regrettably I don't have an ETA on when that will be complete but I assure you it is a high priority. We all appreciate your patience while this is sorted out.

- Andy

It is NOW an known issue yeah, initially we were treated as if it was an issue on our end with our spam filters (that's what I was told on twitter) then on the phone I was informed that PP was not aware of any issue (Sept 24th). 

Firstly do you really want to stand behind the statement that PP has no way of knowing about these things before the members start demanding some issues, and that we actually get listened to (and not told to go and check your spam filters!), and if that truly IS the case (I have a very hard time to believe you use such primitive systems in 2014) don't you think it's time do did something already about it? Perhaps we need more fierce competion so you actually have to fight for the customers?

Secondly do you really expect us to believe that an email issue that's been lasting for OVER a week now is really something that your "engineers are working towards a solution as soon as possible"? That is just not a feasible excuse for something like this with a company of your size in 2014, frankly it either shows how stupid you believe your customer base is or how regrettible little You (PP) actually cares about this!

"but I assure you it is a high priority. We all appreciate your patience while this is sorted out."

Actiions (or in this case lack thereof) speaks louder than words they say, so if it has such high priority it would have been resolved a LONG TIME ago, like last month! As for patience, I think it's fair to say that once these threads popped up there was no longer any patience!

Login to Me Too

KDoggMDF
Contributor
Contributor

I am SO glad I found this thread. I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why the heck this doesnt work anymore. PayPal, is there an ETA on this? This is crazy that its been since 9/23 and there is no resolution....

Login to Me Too

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

@KDoggMDF wrote:

I am SO glad I found this thread. I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why the heck this doesnt work anymore. PayPal, is there an ETA on this? This is crazy that its been since 9/23 and there is no resolution....

Two posts before yours there was this input by a PP employee:

"Regrettably I don't have an ETA"

This is what I was told (in writing) exactly ONE WEEK AGO on 9/27/2014:

"They are telling us that it will hopefully be back to normal on Monday though..."

Granted there was no indication of what Monday this might be...

Login to Me Too

Camelhmpz
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I am glad PayPal is working on it... driving me insane not knowing when something is charged.  This feature has helped me TWICE in 6 years stopping fraud before it got out of hand.

Login to Me Too

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

@Camelhmpz wrote:

Well, I am glad PayPal is working on it... driving me insane not knowing when something is charged.  This feature has helped me TWICE in 6 years stopping fraud before it got out of hand.

Has helped me twice in the past TWO MONTHS needless to say this is one of the reasons I am very concerned!

Also it has helps me "correct" some companies who just somehow tend to overcharge me... 😉

The longer this takes the more obvious it is that PP is not actually working on this, seriously it's just a simple email, like they say "it's not rocket science"!

Login to Me Too

KDoggMDF
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with your response here. of the few times I have had to go through the **bleep** of calling PayPal, I was very unhappy with the folks on the phone and it generally took multiple phone calls and emails to get simple things resolved. I am going to be dropping a line to them via their corporate contacts today. I would suggest everyone here do the same. Information I have is as follows: Click "Contact", Click "Call Us"

Login to Me Too

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

Login to Me Too

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.