Paypal Debit Card Notification emails not working since 9/23/2014

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

As of today Oct 2nd 2014 it's a week since the PP Debit card notification emails have not been working, at all.

I've verified with other PP debit card holders that theirs are also not working.

Initially when I contacted PP about this on the 24th I was informed that PP was not aware of such an issue, when I insisted that it is NOT some issue with my emails or spam filters (I've been a PP debit card holder for well over a decade & avid user) there was some info found that "some users" were having issues.

Having tried to get more information about this I was told in writing that the issue should be resolved by Monday Sept 30th 2014, needless to say this never happened.

As of right now it seems like this is an issue for all such card holders based on the info I have retireved by asking around (I think it is highly unlikely that specifically the people I happen to know would all be in the category of "some users").

So at this point I would ike to know what the REAL story is, needless to say it doesn't take a week in 2014 to figure out what the technical issue is of this sort. Mind you this is a feature that was available from day one of PP debit cards, and has worked somewhat reliably since then with some outages at times.

It would appear something else is going on at this point, related to the ongoing split from eBay? Security issues? Other internal political issues? Something in the "explanations" provided don't add up!

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

ccso2110
New Community Member

I noticed the same, started about the same time for me too. Very frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

JRO0702
New Community Member
I've been having the same problem, no more email notifications when I make a purchase since the 23rd, should I contact PayPal?
Login to Me Too

salesbykaren
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this problem as well. The last email notification i received from PayPal was on Sept 23rd. I have gone into my settings multiple times and re-checked the box to enable email notifications (I never disabled it myself), and each time, when i save i received a message telling me my preferences have been saved. However, when i go back into the settings, the box is un-checked.

I called PayPal customer service yesterday evening (Sept 25th) and was told it was taken care of and i didn't have to worry about it any more. I'm still worrying about it! I am still not getting the email notifications which i use for filing purposes, and still cannot successfully adjust my settings.

Login to Me Too

salesbykaren
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal customer service again by phone this afternoon (Sept 26); I was told it's a system-wide issue and they would put me on "a list" to be sure my notifications resume one the issue is resolved. It may not hurt to call in and let them know you are affected, and/or just check back into your account settings > notifications in a few days to see if you can successfully reset the notification option.

Login to Me Too

ptopher12
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same problem. Stopped getting notifications around 23rd. Customer service said they have escalated the problem. If it is not fixed in 24 to 72 hrs call again.

Login to Me Too

shopper57
Contributor
Contributor
I'm experiencing the same problem of not receiving email notifications when I use my PP Debit card, since around 9/24. I called PP and they told me that the problem is system wide but that some of us aren't getting notifications of debit card activity & some aren't getting notifications of eBay purchases. They noted my account for the problem I'm having & said it's being addressed. If you're experiencing a problem you should call in, but I hope the corrections happen soon & for everyone whether you've called or not. I do recall this happening before in the distant past but I can't recall how long it took to get resolved.
Login to Me Too

onerunningmama
New Community Member

I've been having the same issue. Just called customer service and was told it's a "glitch" in their newly-updated system. They do not have an ETA on when it will be fixed, but their IT dept. is working on it. Grrr. 

Login to Me Too

Ryououki
New Community Member

I am having the same issue since the 23rd of September.  I will be calling PayPal to add myself to the list.  As someone else mentioned, when I put the checkmark back in to 'I make a purchase with my PayPal ATM/Debit Card' and tell it to save, it says it was successful but when going back it is unchecked again.

Login to Me Too

jl1998
New Community Member

Same for me as well!!! This is frustrating!

Login to Me Too

kcbuck
Contributor
Contributor

Here we go again. I'm having the same problem and the updated preference won't save.

Grrrr...PayPal, you do this to us about once every year or two! Sometimes it takes weeks to fix!

Don't you realize this is a pretty-critical feature for us?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.