Paypal Debit Card Notification emails not working since 9/23/2014

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

As of today Oct 2nd 2014 it's a week since the PP Debit card notification emails have not been working, at all.

I've verified with other PP debit card holders that theirs are also not working.

Initially when I contacted PP about this on the 24th I was informed that PP was not aware of such an issue, when I insisted that it is NOT some issue with my emails or spam filters (I've been a PP debit card holder for well over a decade & avid user) there was some info found that "some users" were having issues.

Having tried to get more information about this I was told in writing that the issue should be resolved by Monday Sept 30th 2014, needless to say this never happened.

As of right now it seems like this is an issue for all such card holders based on the info I have retireved by asking around (I think it is highly unlikely that specifically the people I happen to know would all be in the category of "some users").

So at this point I would ike to know what the REAL story is, needless to say it doesn't take a week in 2014 to figure out what the technical issue is of this sort. Mind you this is a feature that was available from day one of PP debit cards, and has worked somewhat reliably since then with some outages at times.

It would appear something else is going on at this point, related to the ongoing split from eBay? Security issues? Other internal political issues? Something in the "explanations" provided don't add up!

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

Des324
New Community Member
Are email notifications working for anybody yet? Not working for me as 7/5/15...
Login to Me Too

SMol
Contributor
Contributor

mbj120
Contributor
Contributor

Still not working as of 7/6/15.

Login to Me Too

SMol
Contributor
Contributor

I think I just got one!

It's different...  I wonder if they left it out of the "new format." 

Login to Me Too

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

@SMol wrote:

I think I just got one!

It's different...  I wonder if they left it out of the "new format." 

Yeah I got one too now.

Isn't it fantastic how well Paypal keeps it's customers informed about issues and outages? /sarcasm

Login to Me Too

Big_C
Contributor
Contributor

They came through today 7/6/15. They sure are pretty, but c'mon... It's still just an email.

The delay was just silly.

I did not get anything backdated, so had to got to the web site and muck through the "pretty" site there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.