Paypal Debit Card Notification emails not working since 9/23/2014

minaise
Contributor
Contributor

As of today Oct 2nd 2014 it's a week since the PP Debit card notification emails have not been working, at all.

I've verified with other PP debit card holders that theirs are also not working.

Initially when I contacted PP about this on the 24th I was informed that PP was not aware of such an issue, when I insisted that it is NOT some issue with my emails or spam filters (I've been a PP debit card holder for well over a decade & avid user) there was some info found that "some users" were having issues.

Having tried to get more information about this I was told in writing that the issue should be resolved by Monday Sept 30th 2014, needless to say this never happened.

As of right now it seems like this is an issue for all such card holders based on the info I have retireved by asking around (I think it is highly unlikely that specifically the people I happen to know would all be in the category of "some users").

So at this point I would ike to know what the REAL story is, needless to say it doesn't take a week in 2014 to figure out what the technical issue is of this sort. Mind you this is a feature that was available from day one of PP debit cards, and has worked somewhat reliably since then with some outages at times.

It would appear something else is going on at this point, related to the ongoing split from eBay? Security issues? Other internal political issues? Something in the "explanations" provided don't add up!

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

I came here to see if anyone else is having this problem. I haven't gotten any debit card transaction notification emails since 9/24. I've checked my settings and everything still seems to be saved correctly, but I'm not getting the emails. Nothing in my spam folder, either. I have a Gmail account, if that info helps. 

Login to Me Too

lhomey
New Community Member

I've also stopped receiving email notifications of purchases. The last notification I received was on September 23rd, even though I've made several purchases since then. I'm also not receiving notifications that PayPal is using my backup funding... Luckily I check my bank account often enough that I avoided getting overdraft fees from purchases PayPal sent through, but I really need the email notifications to begin again!!!

Login to Me Too

EyeOfAHawk
New Community Member

Same here with one exception...I've stopped receiving notifications however my wife is still receiving fine.  Only difference is our PayPal interface.  My wife has a personal account and I have a business account.

Login to Me Too

Kuya
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I have a business account and within the past week or so, I no longer get the confirmation emails when the card is used nor when the payment is completed about two days later.
Login to Me Too

xxchelliozxx
New Community Member
Mine aren't working either. I just checked and I also received my last notification on 9/23. It's a little irritating as I've been keeping track of my money this way for a long time by creating different email folders for certain purchases. That is actually what I was trying to do tonight when I realized I didn't have the ones I was looking for. Not to mention it tips you off if someone else is using your card. I'm going to call and bug them tomorrow.
Login to Me Too

zoso
Contributor
Contributor
I can't even find the setting anymore. It's not under notifications or the debit card settings for me. Where is it? This seems to have happened at the same time the site was updated/changed, which I don't like at all, can't emphasize that enough. I would love an option to fully revert to the old layout.
Login to Me Too

at96mh04
Contributor
Contributor
Just wanted to let those know who have been having issues with not receiving the emails after purchases...I made an online purchase this morning and to my surprise I received an email notification. I too have not been receiving them until this morning. Looks like PayPal may have finally resolved this issue.
Login to Me Too

bmetelsky
Contributor
Contributor
I just paid a bill on line with the Paypal Debit Mastercard, and received an email notification within seconds! I hope this is the end of this fiasco.
Login to Me Too

minaise
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah seems to be working for me now too. I wonder if we will ever know what it was!?
Login to Me Too

shopper57
Contributor
Contributor
I just received email notifications for my recent transactions, too! Hopefully it will remain fixed (fingers crossed)!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.