Help adding funds from "My Cash" card purchased at CVS - NOT a MoneyPak

CharioteerBen
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a card from CVS that was supposed to add cash directly to my PayPal account. The card says you can add $20 to $500 and there is a $3.95 purchase fee. So I gave CVS my $500 plus the purchase fee, and the card says to visit www.paypal.com/cash and enter the pin number to have those funds credited immediately to my PayPal account.

But when I visit paypal.com/cash, and I log in, it just stays on the main My Account page on the PayPal site. 

I tried calling PayPal and after speaking with four people, noone had any idea what card I was referring to. It is NOT a MoneyPak, nor a NetSpend card, nor a pre-paid PayPal card. It is just to load cash into my account, the exact same way as a MoneyPak, but I can't find any information online how to do so. I tried calling the number on the back of the card I purchased but there is no option to speak with anyone.

Has anyone used this card which on the front is blue and white, has the PayPal logo prominantly printed, and says "My Cash --> My PayPal"?

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

boosa1
Contributor
Contributor

she's right I've been to the website there's no where you can put in any information I have a card here thats worthless basically because there's no place to put the pin number in add Funds to PayPal PayPal only allows from greendot

Login to Me Too

jumstead7
Contributor
Contributor

Go to https://www.paypal-cash.com/  It takes you directly to the page where you can log into your paypal account and then enter the information from the back of the card, which will load it into your paypal account immediately. Easy!

Login to Me Too

littlewolfcss
Contributor
Contributor

I have already completed id verification and the first card I purchased was loaded. 2nd time I tried to add funds to that card at retail location they said it was rejected, so I got a new card and loaded the funds. Now when I try to access www.paypal.com/mycash it asks me to log in with paypal, and even though I can log into my regular paypal account no problem, I keep getting this message at the mycash site:

Sorry, there was an error, please try again later. Error Code: 1x8

Click here to return home

I tried calling the number on website and card but just get an automated message. I tried resetting my security protocols to accept the websites and to disable pop-ups, no luck.  Anyone have this problem or know what to do about it? Last resort I will call paypal cust service directly and maybe they can help.  Although maybe that Fastcard telephone number will work listed above...

Login to Me Too

king2b1dai

I just got the card and its not working !! this is a piece of crap !!!

Login to Me Too

jayjayserious
New Community Member

I bought the My Cash card at CVS and was having the same problem as some of the folks above... it would not let me log in with my email and password. I called Paypal customer service and they suggested I try a different browser. I was using Firefox (on a Mac) so I tried Chrome and it let me log in and load the funds with no problems.

So if you are having difficulty, maybe try a different browser.

Login to Me Too

madmanbreen
New Community Member

Hi there, I too am experiencing trouble with this dang card...been at it all AM/afternoon. Scoured the web site, called the # and got caught in that automated answering loop, are other people still having problems too? I even went as far as downloading a new web browser to see if it would help....NOT AT ALL.  Has any more info come about  in resolving this card problem??

Login to Me Too

boosa1
Contributor
Contributor

yeah I have chrome and it's not working  and nothings working and I'm getting upset is PayPal customer service open right now?

Login to Me Too

Jennifer222
New Community Member

This doesn't work! I need my money and can't use the card!! The website is not working! It keeps loading and loading and it never stops! I cannot even insert my 10-digit pin number! This **bleep**! I call every single phone number I found and I couldn't talk with a "person" seriously I need help

Login to Me Too

hoosiers2013
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought one. Did you figure it out yet?

Login to Me Too

robertandruby
New Community Member

If someone still needs help, here is how to add the funds, I had tons of trouble and made the phone call only to get transferred to that wonderful recording that only repeats itself.  I think it is sick that a company can take your money so easily and not even have the decency to have a live person to help, not to mention Papal just blows you off, they should be able to help since the card has their company logo all over it; hence; papal cash card.. It is just bull**bleep**. 

Ok first close all tabs, log out of your paypal if you are logged in, start with a clean slate, then enter paypal.com/cash, their home page should appear.  Click on the Paypal access button (it is yellow), a window will appear allowing you log in with your paypal user name and your paypal password, enter and another page will pop up where you push the only button that is on that page (top left hand corner) It will read "add funds now"  Another page will appear with two large white boxes WHite box number #2 allows you to enter the code revealed on your card after you scratched it.   This is the final step.  I hope this works for everyone, what a nightmare.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.