how do I pay to google play store

RyanBrown
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get Google Play store to accept my pay pal account as a payment option? Everytime I try it says "Something went wrong. There was an issue adding your PayPal account because the payment method selected on PayPal was invalid. Please update the payment method with PayPal or select a different form of payment." I have money on my account but it doesn't seem to want to accept it. Please help!
Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

Matchez
New Community Member

All you have to do is have at least 30 euros on your account when you purchase something.

Login to Me Too

Kirili

30€ trick worked for me. Im from Finland, dont have credit card attached to my account. Just had 20 euros balance in account and got the 'Something went wrong' when trying to buy a 0,90€ app. Adding 10 euros more and it worked first time. Paypal should at least aknowledge this, I spent probably better of 2 hours frustraiting over this nonsense. 

Login to Me Too

RyanBrown
Contributor
Contributor
I fixed mine, I added a master card to my account and it worked fine
Login to Me Too

Sh4d0wDr4g0n2
Contributor
Contributor
Any updates on this issue? Without adding a credit card ofcourse. I'm trying to Buy an app that costs 89 cent, i have over 5 euro on my account but i still get this error... I'm planning to add more Money to see if that solves the Problem...Please paypal, shed some Light on this...
Login to Me Too

Paige--
New Community Member

Yes but some of us use PayPal because we don't have cards.

Me in particular (I'm in America)

Login to Me Too

WoodlandSprite
Contributor
Contributor
I have a card linked to my account, and it still does not work.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi WoodlandSprite,

If there is a credit card linked to the account, there is the possibility that the card or the payment is being denied by our security system. Waiting 24 hours and trying again may solve the issue. If the issue does persist, please reach out to customer support so they can take a look and give more targeted assistance. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

oli415
New Community Member

same problem for me 😞

Login to Me Too

Cesar81
New Community Member

I'm also from Holland. To solve this problem you have to transfer at least 25 or 30€ to your PayPal. then it's possible to link it. Actually I'm sure about it because I had the same problem so I started to add 3 times of 10€. and after the third 10€ I was able to link my paypal.

I hope it hepled you guys.

Login to Me Too

comeonfox
New Community Member

Same problem in China

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.