how do I pay to google play store

RyanBrown
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get Google Play store to accept my pay pal account as a payment option? Everytime I try it says "Something went wrong. There was an issue adding your PayPal account because the payment method selected on PayPal was invalid. Please update the payment method with PayPal or select a different form of payment." I have money on my account but it doesn't seem to want to accept it. Please help!
Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal can be used to buy apps and digital content on Google Play however, PayPal can't be used to purchase devices or accessories on Google Play or for other purchases that use Google Wallet outside of the Play Store.

Login to Me Too

SKOLROK1
New Community Member
I have been completely unable to use the Google Play Store alongside of Paypal. The only "useful" or "descriptive" answer on this topic does not help. I live in the United States of America and would have thought this would be easy to solve. So far....nothing of use. Thanks for reading this reply.
Login to Me Too

sespecal
Contributor
Contributor
Are you Dutch? I am and I'm having the same problem. I can't buy books or paid apps. Please help!
Login to Me Too

D4M
Contributor
Contributor
+1 **bleep** that is frustrating 😞 is it when you don't have a credit card linked to your PayPal account?
Login to Me Too

PFRijk
New Community Member
Same problemen Here, please help, I'm also dutch
Login to Me Too

llviss_jort
New Community Member
I'm dutch and i am having the same problem
Login to Me Too

kcenderby
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having same problem was able to purchase through Google play cannot after cancelled cookie Jam payment they said it cancelled my agreement won't allow me back saying I have on linked but can't use it ,ridiculous nothing has been done they blame Google , Google blames Paypal ?
Login to Me Too

OBoubes
New Community Member
Germany too
Login to Me Too

Panecoek
New Community Member

Any updates on this ? I've the same issue. I contacted Google support, but they just sent me back to Paypal. I'm in Belgium, if it helps by the way.

Trying to buy apps, not devices. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.