getting money fron venezuela and shipping to miami

baldybenny
Contributor
Contributor

is it safe to send parts to miami and get money from somebody that is in venezuela?   can this be a scam? can they depoist money in my paypal account and remove it later ? how do i protect myself? thank you Dan

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

For seller delivery protection you need to ship to the buyer's address as listed on the PayPal transaction detail.

Login to Me Too

baldybenny
Contributor
Contributor

i am shipping to a place where they ship a container to venezuela, he lives in venezuela, does his info when he pays show up on the paypal transaction ?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@baldybenny wrote:

i am shipping to a place where they ship a container to venezuela, he lives in venezuela, does his info when he pays show up on the paypal transaction ?

Tell the buyer to make sure to provide Miami address on the payment or you will refund the money and have them send payment again. You can google the address when you receive payment to make sure the address is to a freight forwarder. Also run it through USPS zip code finder to make sure address is deliverable.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Sabina_Angelia
Contributor
Contributor

If you are the seller, you need first to receive the money in your paypal account before shipping the parts or item. Once you receive the money, Paypal will hold it first to make sure that you are going to ship the item within 21 days. once you ship the item..you can mark it as ship and provide the tracking number to the transaction details so that paypal will release the money for you.

Login to Me Too

baldybenny
Contributor
Contributor

thank you!  so  i am the seller and i have to get his money sent to my paypal account first, once i see money there then i can ship the item and tell paypal that it was shipped and give them a tracking number to miami shipping container place is all i need to do, i am worried that if i send out shipment and i recieved the money he can somehow take it out of my paypal account later saying that he didnt get it, but if there is a tracking number  then its ok?   thank you again Dan

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Any payment can be reversed on PayPal and you will be liable for it.  Buyers have up to 180 days to file PayPal disputes. So there is no guarantee.  But you can protect yourself by having tracking number for item not received disputes.  If the buyer says the item is not as described, then you are on the hook and will have to refund when the buyer returns the item when required by PayPal.  

So make sure sure your item is as described and have tracking number on the shipment.  If order is worth over $750, get signature confirmation too and insurance if you want.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How is the buyer "sending" the money?  Did you email a PayPal invoice to the buyer to make sure you have all the details correct?

Login to Me Too

baldybenny
Contributor
Contributor
He wants me to send him my PayPal name so he can pay me. OK I get that but should I send him a invoice from PayPal with the address he wants me to send the item to that he sent me through a email ?.Then once I get the money in my account I can send.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you know how to generate a PayPal button and export it as a email link to send to the buyer to pay?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/get-started/buy-now-button

You can use your merchant ID and not your PayPal email address so the guy can't email you a bogus email saying they paid but really did not pay and tell you to ship and provide tracking number first in order for PayPal to release your money.

But the more you post about this transaction the more I am suspicious about the buyer.  If the order is expensive, I would not go through with it, in my opinion.

I think there is too much talk with the buyer.  They do not need your PayPal name or email address. With a PayPal invoice all you need is his email address, any email address will do.  It don't have to be his PayPal email address.  You just need an email address to send the invoice to at this point.

When the buyer pays, they can log in to pay with whatever their email and password is .  I don't believe the invoice lets you add the mailing address on it anyway.  Only email address.  When the buyer pays, they log in, choose how to pay and include the correct address on the payment.  When you get the PayPal email receipt, log on and check the payment and mailing address.  If you give PayPal email address, they will put on a wild goose chase.  

You can tell them they do not need your email address. You send the invoice and they can just log in to pay.  Sick n' tired of these jokers already.  All talk, no money. Smiley Frustrated

This is why it is better to make a buy now link with merchant ID code and send it to them with your non-PayPal email so they can't send you bogus PayPal email saying that they paid.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.