Unfair

Paradoxmosaics
Contributor
Contributor
How is it good business practice for pay power to place funds on hold not even releasing enough to ship items? I have a payment on hold for over $200. I have since had 2 other item sell on eBay all 3 items I cannot ship because pay pal has all of the funds on hold. How do I-ship the items if I don't have access to the payments that customers made which include their shipping charges? This is an unjust and unfair practice and I'm sick and tired of it. If there was another payment process to use besides pay pal I want to use that period does anyone know of another system to use for payments on eBay besides PayPal? Or does anyone know? Or how do I get PayPal to release funds so that i can ship my customers items they paid for?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As a business you need to maintain sufficient cash flow for day-to-day activities like shipping products.

PayPal isn't about fairness; it is about business and operates according to PayPal published policies in the User Agreement.  If you forgot about the agreement, click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then review all of the various reasons why PayPal holds funds.  Make sure you operate your business within those constraints.

Login to Me Too

Paradoxmosaics
Contributor
Contributor
So I got a rather rude response post from one of the paypal people on here that I am a business and I should be able to cover charges such as shipping charges until my customer pays for them. I'm not a big business, in fact I don't even have a business license. I make crafts and sell things for friends and family trying to make a living as I am disabled. I do not have extra funds to cover overhead things like shipping charges when I charge my customers for them and they PREPAY those shipping charges. If those shipping charges go into paypal those funds should then be made available for me to ship the package to the customer. If you want to hold on to the funds received for merchandise even know I have met, for over 10 years, every single stipulation that paypal has listed in their policies and procedures in regards to holding funds, if you decide to hold those funds just because you want to I guess then fine hold them. But release the shipping charges so that I can ship the package to the customers. You're not hurting me. You're hurting the customer and you're hurting paypal because I'm not the only one that is fed up with this unfair and unjust business practice and the list keeps getting larger. You know you've hit a sore spot when the post that you make regarding a concern you have with paypal is removed from the post so no one else can see it. If paypal will not release the shipping charges so that I can ship the packages to the customers, I will be forced to refund the entire purchases so that nobody gets anything. In search of another payment method to do business on eBay with because I refuse to use paypal ever again.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just because you don't like an honest and business response doesn't make it rude.

Even a small business should know how to manage cash flow for routine expenses.  Maintaining a PayPal balance can be quite helpful for this.

Login to Me Too

Paradoxmosaics
Contributor
Contributor
OK, so now are you being rude? I wouldn't think that pay pal or its employees, as a successful HUGE Business, would make assumptions about its customers that makes it impossible for those customers to do business. I explained you I am disabled and just trying to earn a modest living. I do not have $60 laying around in my pay pal account just waiting for a customer to use it up. That's why I charge my customers for shipping and they pay for it up front so that I can ship their packages to them. If you're not going to help me, don't be condescending and don't make assumptions about me YOUR CUSTOMER.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I am not a PayPal employee and receive no compensation for offering to help and explain PayPal policies to other members.

PayPal policies do not make exceptions for disabilities.

If you need specific help about disabilities, then you could contact some sort of user group which offers business help to those with disabilities.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.