Refund applied

dhoffman1972

My account shows my refund was given last night, yet when trying to purchase something, out still registers my refund hasn't been applied? Is this normal and if so, how long will it be before my refund takes affect? Thank you for your time to anyone that answers..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey dhoffman1972,

The time frame for a refund depends on a few different factors, including how you initiated the payment originally, and how the seller refunded it.

If you paid with a card, the refund should show back up on the card's balance within 3-5 business days. If it was done with a bank account, it will deposit into the PayPal balance after it finishes processing from the bank, which is 2-3 business days. If you paid with your PayPal balance, it should have refunded instantly.

If the seller refunded the payment using an eCheck, it may take longer to come back, as PayPal has to wait for the payment to clear from the bank before completing the refund. Once it clears, we'll email you with an update.

I hope this information helps! Have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.