Refund Missing

TaeTheMan
Contributor
Contributor

So yesterday I bought a item on ebay that was 450 dollars but then the guy canceled the transaction and refunded the money. It says completed in my paypal but I have yet to see it. Its not on my balance or on the gift card. Someone help

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TaeTheMan

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TaeTheMan
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't use a credit card. I used a ebay gift card for 500 dollars from the dollar store. He refunded the money but its not on the gift card nor the paypal balance. 

Login to Me Too

Khan0288
New Community Member
Did your refund show up on you eBay gift card yet? I am having the same issue, called PayPal, they told me to call eBay, eBay couldn't even see the refund on their end so I provided them with transaction number for the refund. Now they told me to wait 10 days for a reply.
Login to Me Too

TaeTheMan
Contributor
Contributor

@Khan0288

Nope haven't seen my refund yet. Then they suspended my account for "stolen gift cards" Which I bought from the dollar general. I don't think I will ever get my refund because Ebay customer support said email ebay of the picture of the receipt and I did but they don't even read emails. So they took my money and put a not deserved suspension on my account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.