PayPal holding my money from eBay sales?!

Samyelk24
Contributor
Contributor
I’m no eBay veteran. I have made a good amount of sales though, and now all of a sudden PayPal is holding my money for 21 days. What kind of bs is this? I have never once messes up a sale, and everything I sell gets delivered on or usually before the expected delivery date. I have never had a problem with a buyer, so why is PayPal suddenly deciding to hold all my money now? This is absolutely ridiculous as I have about $600 being held right now that I NEED to pay bills. What the heck? I made a sale, I shipped all the items and provided tracking as I always do. Give me my money!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Any sudden change in sales activity and value will trigger new holds as with a new member.  There also other reasons for holds.  Without knowing details of your past and recent transactions there isn't much to go on for suggestions.

Click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then get the User Agreement.  There is an extensive section on holds and why they are in place.

Login to Me Too

Samyelk24
Contributor
Contributor
How do I speed up this process? The items are shipped out and will arrive over the next few days. I need my money to pay for necessities, there’s no way I can wait 21 days.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal has a hold policy for risk and security measures; you can't change that.  PayPal doesn't adjust policies to fit your needs.

If you nee more information you'll need to phone PayPal support.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you think this is Ebay hold,then call Ebay.

We dont really know your situation,why ?

having something delivered does not mean a buyer cannot file dispute or charge back,are you selling high risk items?

dispute and charegback can come in within 180 days,or it could be your buyers who may be the reason why?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.