PayPal Credit Monthly Statement Needs Complete Re-Design

SMH1960
Contributor
Contributor

I have two different kinds of debts (purchases) I am paying down now.

One is standard case where interest accrues immediately (a 12-month Easy Payments plan)

The other is a no-interest-if-paid-within-6-months deal.

Having this arrangement makes payments complicated.

But let's look at the reporting. The report ("PayPal Credit full statement") doesn't show at all how a payment is allocated between the two purchases to pay on interest and how the principals are paid down thereafter. Borrowers like me like to see how payments are utilized: first to pay down any accrued interest, and then how is it distributed between the two (or more) principals. It means I want to see the principal from the previous month, and the new principal of what gets paid down with this month. That's really not all apparent. I have to dig up last month's report and set up an Excel worksheet, and I shouldnt have to do that.

I think the report ("full statement") designers need to set up new business requirements and set up a change instrument to their systems group.

The user interface should also be improved to lay out a re-payment schedule for debts (purchases) in various re-payment classes. I have only indicated two. Additionally the interface should offer the user a what-if presentation as to how a payment will be allocated to the various debts/purchases, and before the PAY button control is clicked.

I don't know about PayPal also having a policy for a directed allocation. For example, suppose Purchase 1 has a $250 principal and $5.00 accrued interest. Purchase 2 is a no-interest-in-6-months debt and has a remaining principal of $125 in its 5th month. Now suppose the borrower pays $175. The interest on Purchase 1 gets paid first, so there is now $170 left.  Suppose the borrower wants Purchase 2 ended, and to direct $125 of the $170 to that, leaving $45 to pay down Purchase 1 prinicpal. Is that done? Don't think so.

"Life made easy" can be an associated motto for PayPal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.