PayPal Balance

dbrockett

I should have a balance to transfer to my account but PayPal says I have nothing to transfer. Is there a certain time the money has to be in your account before you are able to transfer it? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It should be instant unless the sender sent you an eCheck which takes several days to clear or your payments are subject to new seller holds.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Or you were not paid at all.

Is there a record of receiving a payment in your recent activity?

Login to Me Too

dbrockett

Yes, it said payment received. I made a purchase after that but it was for the amount I was invoiced for...does it have to be a certain amount?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No but could it be that you spent all the money you had in your balance from your purchase ?  Or was it showing zero in your balance after you received payment and before you made a purchase?  If your purchase was not more than what you received you should still have a balance.  Perhaps give PayPal a call to see what is happening on their system:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Login to Me Too

dbrockett

But the payment I sent was for the exact amount needed...not short what should have been in my account...that's why I was confused

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You have to explain what happened in chronological order.

Yes, you sent payment in the exact amount you were invoiced but you also said you received payment and tried to withdraw the money you received to your bank but you had zero balance.  What happened first?

Login to Me Too

zmlakic
Contributor
Contributor

Why I can`t pay with paypal balance?

I have enough money on balance but when  I want to buy some item on ebay they offer me just a credit card over paypal. Some says they will not charge via credit card if you have money on balance. I try twice but no effect, they charged my credit card again!

Any solution?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Try selecting PayPal Balance as your default payment method on the PayPal Wallet page.  Attempt the purchase again up to the point where you can see what payment method is going to be used.  If it is still showing credit card, click Change link to change the payment method.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.