Pay After Delivery Not Available

esagucio

I know this has been asked many times. But why doesn't pay after delivery show up as an option? I have searched and read many posts about this issue. But I haven't found a solid answer other than it only random shows up or whatever. My account is verified and linked to my bank account. I do have it set as my preferred payment option but I don't see it when I try to checkout on an ebay item. Anyways I'd rather not deal with customer service if it's just going to be a hassle, so hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks...

Login to Me Too
301 REPLIES 301

PayPal_Erica

Hi escagucio,

Sorry for the frustration this has caused for you. Regrettably Pay After Delivery is not available for all transactions. It will only appear as option for qualified purchases.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

-Erica

Login to Me Too

oboegal
New Community Member

Can you provide some information on what makes a purchase qualified? Why are some qualified and others not?

Login to Me Too

Sabina_Angelia
Contributor
Contributor

It depends on the decision of the merchants whether they want to accept the PAD option.

Login to Me Too

Scooter01
Contributor
Contributor
I think PayPal has done away with the option. I've tried purchasing the exact same item from the exact same seller and the option isn't available. Such BS!
Login to Me Too

Beanzgirl
Oh no it's definitely still an option dude...I regularly overdraw my bank account forgetting about the purchases. I do find not all invoices/merchants have the option though and have heard they can choose not to accept it. So it could be a merchant you previously purchased from decided they didn't wanna accept PAD payments anymore...might wanna go fuss at them 😉
Login to Me Too

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor

Actually it's not up to the merchants to accept it or not, they don't even know if a buyer is using that option, paypal pays the seller and the withdrawls from your acct in 10 to 14 days now, it was 14, but they have changed, I don't have the pay after delivery option on anything anymore since they have changed the dates and people have been complaining, If they do away with it, they will lose a ton of revenue, because I will have no reason to really purchase anything from ebay using paypal, I'll just switch to amazon where it's cheaper and pay with my bank card, Someone at paypal needs to be getting this fixed, it goes back to the old saying, don't try to fix what isn't broken, it only breaks it down, and that's what they've done. Hopefully they will go back to the old way and leave it alone, atleast it was working then.

Login to Me Too

Cannoka62
New Community Member

I agree. It's a PAIN. Sometimes it works and sometimes I want to pull my hair out. Paypal customer service bombs anyway. No one has an answer to anything.

I like PAD because sometimes I am in between paychecks and it works for me. But lately I just want to scream at PAYPAL to get their act together. I have been with them for a long time and I am wishing somebody would come up with something better.

Login to Me Too

Derek726
New Community Member

I dont understand what a merchant would gain by choosing not to accept PAD if paypal is paying them up front and drafting from me 14 days later.  They are getting paid up front.  What I have noticed is that PAD  is almost never offered with large retailers.  It seems like your chances of PAD popping up are greater with smaller merchants.  If PAD is not available with a certain merchant I will often not check out, and look elsewhere. 

Login to Me Too

amandalee50
Contributor
Contributor

I was told by Paypal that the seller has nothing to do with the decision.  That Paypal pays the seller at the time of purchase and they never know if it is PAD or not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.