Pay After Delivery Not Available

esagucio

I know this has been asked many times. But why doesn't pay after delivery show up as an option? I have searched and read many posts about this issue. But I haven't found a solid answer other than it only random shows up or whatever. My account is verified and linked to my bank account. I do have it set as my preferred payment option but I don't see it when I try to checkout on an ebay item. Anyways I'd rather not deal with customer service if it's just going to be a hassle, so hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks...

Login to Me Too
301 REPLIES 301

THE_BLUR
Contributor
Contributor

you will only qualify also for PAD if your bank is confirmed..

Login to Me Too

mario1439
New Community Member

Could someone PLEASE tell me what qualifies as a "qualifying purchase" for Pay After Delivery???  This is ridiculous!  I am seriously considering closing my PayPal Account!!

Login to Me Too

pfirsisch
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Erica,

I too received an email to activate "Pay After Delivery" option.  I signed in to PayPay to find it, to include instructions on use, and there is no indication anywhere on my account Pay After Delivery has been applied.  I tried clicking to activate via the email once more, and it's the same.  Where does a member find this?

I see where it says it may not apply to all purchases, but how is it we find out before we commit to paying for the item?  The instructions says it is applied at check out, but the problem is, when you win the bid, it's a b it late to go through check out only to find it does not apply to the purchase you just committed to here.  PLEASE PROVIDE SOME CLARITY ON THIS ISSUE!

Thanks in advance,

Wm

Login to Me Too

ray1231064
Contributor
Contributor
On my mobile app in my wallet it shows PAD is active and gives me the option to turn it off, try installing it or updating if you do have the app
Login to Me Too

Seers7112
Hold on how do you update it!
Login to Me Too

ray1231064
Contributor
Contributor
On ebay mobile app you can hit buy it now and review your purchase before committing to buy
Login to Me Too

Devilislurking
New Community Member
In order to make Pay After Delivery your primary payment option. Go into your Profile then Wallet. Under Payments make Pay After Delivery your first choice.
Login to Me Too

joannayork

this is not even an option on my account

Login to Me Too

jbrittainj
Contributor
Contributor
It is most likely because PayPal has blocked the PAD payment method from your account. I emailed PayPal and asked them why it was not available to use even though it is set as my preferred method. They responded and basically said their security measures detected I would not pay the amount back. Interesting, considering the account balance is over 10k and my purchase was under $200. Clearly their security measures are worthless -- I wouldn't be surprised if part of the verification process checks account balances.
Login to Me Too

pkdavis
New Community Member

I have been using pay after delivery for many months.  With the same merchants.  Now all of the sudden it is not available even though it is MY PREFERRED PAYMENT METHOD. Paypal rep Andrea #7979 suggested that I " JUST USE YOU CHECKING ACCOUNT" at which I replied if I wanted to do that we would not be having this conversation right now.  No valid explanation was given.  Very frustrated right now.  Yes ANDREA, there is a method to my madness, and I should have to explain it to you.  And Andrea, I do not have time to contact all of the merchants that I deal with to resolve this, as I think it is a PAYPAL issue.  I just wanted an explanation which I DID NOT GET .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.