Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

dami86
Contributor
Contributor

Nah, just combined all of 'em into one to decrease the clutter.

Login to Me Too

zalexander86
Contributor
Contributor

They can do that quickly but not fix a glitch...

Login to Me Too

dami86
Contributor
Contributor

@zalexander86 I know... Wonderful, isn't it?

Login to Me Too

CROSSCREEKPOKEW
New Community Member

Made a sale through my ETSY store yesterday, 9/7/16, for just shy of $100.  The money can be seen in my Paypal account but PayPal will NOT let me transfer MY MONEY!  PayPal says there is a computer glitch and I can't get to my sales income for maybe 72 hours!  PayPal can NOT tell me where my money is!!  PayPal has taken my ETSY sales revenue!! 

I have now called PayPal three times and I get shipped to the Philippines and they can't even speak English!  WHERE IS MY MONEY??  Additionally, PayPal charged me $3 to collect MY MONEY and Paypal KEPT MY MONEY!!

WHERE IS MY MONEY PAYPAL??????? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PAYPAL!! 

ETSY sellers deserve an answer from PAYPAL NOW!!  We pay PayPal for this service and now you got your fee AND our sales revenue!!  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PAYPAL!!

Login to Me Too

SofiMN
Contributor
Contributor
I have exactly the same problem. It said ok to ship, so I shipped! But the payment was made on Friday and it's still not showing in my balance.
Login to Me Too

Friditas
Yes I have been having this issue for over a year now. It's interesting though nobody thinks how this affects there 1099 and tax payments. Last year my company Friditas.com appears to be missing over 30k in payments and is believed to be through PayPal according to my forensic accountant.
Login to Me Too

Viviana04
New Community Member

Hello, did you ever get this resolved?  The same thing just happend to me.  Is shows completed but its not in my balance. I really need this money for my sons medicine.  

Login to Me Too

lcarlton99
New Community Member

Hello,

I received 3 payments yesterday for eBay auctions and called because only one is showing in my account balance and they told me it was a technical problem they are trying to fix and to keep checking my account . I called yesterday and today and got the same answer

Login to Me Too

lucia7983
New Community Member

Hey i just had a problem with paypal my ask the community is under Help!!!!! lol thank you if u can help me 🙂 

Login to Me Too

zalexander86
Contributor
Contributor

It still hasn't reflected in my balance yet, how long will it take to show up?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.