It looks like this number isn’t registered in your name. Please try a different number.

burgo
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a paypal account for 4 years now and the cell number I have on the account is a work phone so it is not in my name. My employer pays the bill. 

I do not own a personal cell phone. 

When trying to make a PayPal Credit Purchase it gives me an error and points me to verify my phone. The page were my number is supposed to be is blank and when I try to add it, i get "It looks like this number isn’t registered in your name. Please try a different number". 

I believe this is due to Paypal checking who is listed on the phone account. I have never had this issue before but it will be impossible, my name will NEVER be on this account. 

I've been manually verified by Paypal 3 times now and the blocks apparently removed, been told to wait 10 minutes, 24hrs, 48hrs but my account is still pending a security check. I cannot add/remove cards or handle my money as it's in an unusable state. 

It's now coming to the point they're advising me to restart my computer or change my browser, I very condesending statement to make to a user that has used paypal weekly since 2013. 

Please advise me what I should do in this case? I've called no less than 10 times and I am given a different reason each time, until I then ask them directly if it's due to this and then it is confirmed this is a possibility. 

When someone wishes to make a purchase online "try again in 48hrs" is not an acceptable response. It is still not working. 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

JakeJitsu86
Contributor
Contributor

@FTS is actually just being a sensitive condescending fool. What is it with you PayPal people giving useless answers then condescending when people don't like it? 

Anyway, I am having the same issue with this company. My money is trapped as if they were stealing it. Now either A you guys answer with actual answers or **bleep** off. Got it? Great thanks. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JakeJitsu86

Great attitude to get folks to give up their time to try and help you.

So guess we will bleep off, so sorry your money is trapped........bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JMFitzy85
New Community Member

I'm having this same issue and I think "Get a phone in your name" is the most insane answer ever. 

The problem is, even when I log in on a computer, to complete a transfer it wants a security check on the phone. I have already updated my phone number. I've confirmed the phone number, the app has even sent me a text to my phone number with a code to verify it. 

Also, when I call Paypal the automated system recognizes my current phone number and gives me my balance. I have answered all of the public records questions correctly, I have answered my security questions correctly. 

But every time I make a transfer, it tells me to get a text or a call and there is NO option in the drop down for my new number. It's blank. They told me to wait 48 hours and I have and still nothing. 

I answered distant uncles birthdays, provided my social, answered my first car purchase and the addresses I've lived in. Give. Me. My. Money. 

No rep has made any mention of needing a number in my name. There are millions of people on family plans, that's what all of these companies push. You're telling me in a household on a family plan, only one of those people can use paypal out of a potential 6+ god **bleep** people? This is absolute insanity, and I'm posting here as not to create another thread because I'm at a loss and paypal just can't help me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.