Is there a way to offer a 15% discount

NBFabric
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to offer a 15% discount on all orders thru paypal during a specific time?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Discounts will have to be set up with your website.

With my online store website I can offer discount codes for various options.  If I want a general discount I would provide the code to everyone on my welcome page and then have the code set up for general discount.  I actually did that when I opened my online store and wanted to give the first 10 people a discount.  The code deactivated after 10 uses.

I use 1and1.com for my ecommerce store.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How are you selling through PayPal?

Login to Me Too

NBFabric
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling thru my website which uses Paypal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Discounts will have to be set up with your website.

With my online store website I can offer discount codes for various options.  If I want a general discount I would provide the code to everyone on my welcome page and then have the code set up for general discount.  I actually did that when I opened my online store and wanted to give the first 10 people a discount.  The code deactivated after 10 uses.

I use 1and1.com for my ecommerce store.

Login to Me Too

LindaAH
Contributor
Contributor

It says this is "solved", but I don't see a solution.  I just see a temporary means of offering the discount.  I'm looking for a way to offer discounts on services and gift certificates at festivals.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@LindaAH

Just use a caclulator and determine your item prices.  You should be able to do it manually.

Check out Square's app which takes a different approact to discounts.

Login to Me Too

LindaAH
Contributor
Contributor

I just changed from Square to PayPal due to “irreconcilable differences” with Square.  Square offers a nice way to have a discount (your choice of a % or $ amount) that you can easily apply to an item in your inventory.  I sell my standard items, and was hoping to not have to calculate with each sale, nor set up another whole set of Items at the discounted rate.  I was hoping PayPal had something similar to what Square offers.  If not, does anyone know how to suggest a feature?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's already been suggested to PayPal a couple years ago.

PayPal was just set up initially as a different payment service than Square and now it looks like single item discounts are not a critical feature to spend a lot of money for modifying the payment structure.

Square was set up as a point of sale system so the options are much better.  PayPal was established as an online payment system and I think it is now hobbled by that system.

I've just had to enter individual items separately for in-person discounts.

I would have gone to Square but there was no bluetooth printer option for Android.

PayPal Here does have nice features such as bar codes.

Login to Me Too

LindaAH
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that.  Square is also “risky”, in that they pulled the plug on me with no notice, and they would not let me talk with a human being to resolve any misunderstanding they have about my business.  So I would never go back to Square anyway, no matter what, nor would I recommend it to anyone anymore.  Hopefully things will work well with PayPal - it’s been here for a long time, and comes well recommended by my colleagues.

And it would still be nice to know how to go about suggesting features.  Maybe they will reconsider this along with some other features that made Square an easy register to use. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.