I'm not seeing my refund yet. How long does it take?

Red5oxFan13
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a couple things a few days ago for around $145 and it apparently went through, but then the company canceled the transaction and issued me a refund. I got the email from the company and paypal saying my refund was issued. When I look on my recent payment history on paypal it shows the transaction and it says refunded but the money is not in my bank account or my paypal account.

I paid directly from my bank account not a credit card. How long will it be for me to see my refund?

Login to Me Too
152 REPLIES 152

GG2909
Contributor
Contributor

Hello eBay Community, I had the same problem. This seller said that my case was escalated and the case was won in my favour and to contact eBay for details. There isnt even a record showing a refund at all. what do i do.

Login to Me Too

Babyshells
Hi. I saw you wrote that your problem escalated to a case and that you won? I've read on the paypal website that, if that occurs then you would receive your money back and up to $1,000 for this issue. Trying to find the article where I read that. When I find it I'll tag it along in another comment. Anyway, my question to you is, if you don't mind me asking what exactly did you "win" in your case?
Login to Me Too

Doublebusy
Contributor
Contributor
I have been waiting a while for a refund to go into my bank!! Refunds say in PayPal they were processed on the dates below 28th April 3rd + 6th may Still not in my bank account. Have emailed PayPal over a week ago no response and tried phoning them but it's gonna cost me to phone them when they have my money. Really really really annoyed. My refund amount I'm due totals just over £17 All sellers are saying they have refunded my money Please advise
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Doublebusy

Try Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

Sdaniel124
New Community Member
Same here my refund is not showing and bank states they have not receive anything from PayPal it's been 2 days
Login to Me Too

bobbyq

Yep, Me too. Purchased an auto part from advanceauto.com. Returned it, they issued a refund (3 to 5 days), you see it in your account but it has a "temporary hold",  then when it's available in your Paypal account you have to transfer it back to your bank account (another 3 to 5 days).

Bottom line: 5 to 10 days.

Suggestion: Only use Paypal when you absolultely need to. I use it for Ebay, Etsy, etc.

There are totally free email to email, bank account to bank account funds transfer services out there now, 

check out https://square.com/cash funds available in 1 to 2 days! Only downside is it doesn't offer stuff 

like paypal protection plan for purchases....

5 to 10 days..... 😞  😞  😞

Hope this helps,

Bobby

Login to Me Too

BobbyG6200
Contributor
Contributor

This is kind of petty, but Paypal gave me $15 toward a purchase from 1800Flowers. The order never got delivered as they claimed they didn't have an address for delivery. Well they refunded the payment and Paypal took back the $15. A gifts a gift, right. Oh well. I hope you get your refund soon..

Login to Me Too

_S
New Community Member

I have purchasd a softwar but its a duplicat of th original . now i want my mony back from that prson. just got to know that the person is not even a verified paypal user. Help.

Login to Me Too

fedupandbroke

paypal does not offer any protection at all, because it is like getting blood out of a stone getting money out of them - so how is that an advantage? my story started on 29th September with an ebay bid, 7 days for the thing to arrive, 5minutes to discover it was useless, one day to send it back. 8th October, now it is 8th November, and 50emails, 3phone calls, hours copying/collating/emailling sundry documents to various destinations- the cost of returning the item has to be claimed back from someone else, not paypal. Eventually, 2days before the 45days is up, they say they cannot accept email attachments as proof of payment/delivery/whatever.. Now I see that maybe I have 'won the case', I see a partial refund on one part of the paypal account pages, but still ZERO when it comes to my balance!!!! It is like knitting porridge trying to understand what to do - and one other point. I live in France, but I would like to conduct my dealings in English - but I cannot, so an extra complication trying to figure out what they are saying. I can get by everyday situations in French, but not these convoluted situations. I just want my money back - and these spurious 'guarantees'  are absolutely no use whatsoever because they make you jump through so many hoops, no doubt wanting  you to give up rather than battle on....You might gather that I am incandescent with rage at seeing paypal trying to say 'buy with confidence'  The only thing you can be confident of is that paypal will make life so difficult for you, you have a heart attack.

Login to Me Too

mhp
New Community Member
I was supposed to get a refund to my bill me later account of 21.95 a month ago and I still have not got it I've contacted them and etc.very thing and they say it was out in there but it does not show it was even put in there from PayPal. What should I do I'm sick of this I need the money I don't pay them just to take my money. Do you know what I should do ??? Help me please!!!!! Let me know how to get my refund back please.thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.