I'm not seeing my refund yet. How long does it take?

Red5oxFan13
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a couple things a few days ago for around $145 and it apparently went through, but then the company canceled the transaction and issued me a refund. I got the email from the company and paypal saying my refund was issued. When I look on my recent payment history on paypal it shows the transaction and it says refunded but the money is not in my bank account or my paypal account.

I paid directly from my bank account not a credit card. How long will it be for me to see my refund?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The funds will be credited back to your PayPal Account Balance.

The time can vary as to the funding source the company uses, can be from 1 to 4 days or if an eCheck is used, can take up to 7 days.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
152 REPLIES 152
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The funds will be credited back to your PayPal Account Balance.

The time can vary as to the funding source the company uses, can be from 1 to 4 days or if an eCheck is used, can take up to 7 days.

Login to Me Too

Red5oxFan13
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help. Cat Very Happy

Login to Me Too

fallenfox
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I was issued a refund for $3135, and PayPal shows I recieved it that that the transfer to my debit/credit card is "complete". I checked again just now, still not refunded to my band account. Why is that when paypal takes money from your bank or credit card, it takes less that 5 seconds? It has been two days now, and I can not thank the seller who issued my refund immediately until I actually see it where it belongs, BACK in MY BANK ACCOUNT. Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too

Onetime
New Community Member

Money was taken out of my account and the seller said he sent refund back to paypal were is my money, i don't understand paypal i will cancell my paypal account after this problem is resolved. its goning on 7 days now he sent back on the 8th they took money out of my account on the 6

Login to Me Too

tmgilleland
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat.  My refund was issue December 27, 2013. It also shows completed.  Here it is January 9, 2014 and the $6.19 (small refund) is still not available **bleep** into my account.  It's a small amount, but still monies due to me.  I only had a refund I believe one other time and it was available within a few days.  Nothing like what I am experiencing right now.

I am very concern and after being burnt **bleep** I will be buying anything online for awhile other than from a large retail company.

Login to Me Too

shar77

hi, I was just wondering if you got your refund yet? I too, was supposed to receive a refund for 106 dollars, but did not see it in my bank acct yet.. I made payment using my debit/mastercard (personal card) and it shows that the refund is complete, but nothing. My refund was supposedly credited the same day as yours. dec 27th. it is Janurary 23rd over 3 weeks and still nothing.  did you have to call and complain?

Login to Me Too

Babyshells
What was your reason for refunding for exactly, if you don't mind me asking ?
Login to Me Too

OliverShagnasty
Contributor
Contributor

turns out it was not a problem with PayPal but with ebay

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.