I'm not seeing my refund yet. How long does it take?

Red5oxFan13
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a couple things a few days ago for around $145 and it apparently went through, but then the company canceled the transaction and issued me a refund. I got the email from the company and paypal saying my refund was issued. When I look on my recent payment history on paypal it shows the transaction and it says refunded but the money is not in my bank account or my paypal account.

I paid directly from my bank account not a credit card. How long will it be for me to see my refund?

Login to Me Too
152 REPLIES 152

Nicole34
Contributor
Contributor

i had to call walmart about geting a refund for a $30.00 movie that i purshae from them cause they got the worng address i put down the address exactlly the way the lady at the PO told me to put it down and they ended up not geting it there in time so i asked them for a refund got the refund put back on my card i need the money put back on my card i had to save for 3 months just to get 30.00.

Login to Me Too

kirahgreg
Contributor
Contributor

I was issued a refund 3 days ago and the transaction is marked as COMPLETED but the amount is not reflected on my debit card account! How long will it take before I can see the funds on my account???!!

Login to Me Too

Wright1390
I was charged for two items (209 each). Both were supposed to be refunded but only one has been. It has now been a month and 6 six but paypal states it's been issued and completed.
Login to Me Too

yarnyearner
New Community Member

My refund  from April 7 has not been added back into my bank account.

Login to Me Too

saturn456
Contributor
Contributor

on 03-2-2014 rec. e-mail from pay pal stateing that a full refund had been issued by vendor today is 4-21-14 where is it

Login to Me Too

kashutovanata
New Community Member

Money was taken out of my account and the seller said he sent refund back to paypal, for several days I saw the status pending later on removed, where is my money. The sellers laughing at me as I understand it was a scam and 18 people for one month gave him negative feedback and informed about scam. I don't understand paypal, I would like to open case, paypal does not admit me to do that, on ebay case was closed and I can not re-open it, Pls help, what

@Red5oxFan13 wrote:

I purchased a couple things a few days ago for around $145 and it apparently went through, but then the company canceled the transaction and issued me a refund. I got the email from the company and paypal saying my refund was issued. When I look on my recent payment history on paypal it shows the transaction and it says refunded but the money is not in my bank account or my paypal account.

I paid directly from my bank account not a credit card. How long will it be for me to see my refund?

can I do???

Login to Me Too

Lunazira
New Community Member

Here is what Paypal has to say:

Refunds will remain pending until the seller's funds have cleared their bank.

Refunds made less than 60 days after payment will refund to your credit card if it was the original source of payment. Refunds may take 30 days to appear on your credit card statement. Payments from other sources are refunded to your PayPal balance.

30 DAYS!! this is insane.. waiting on 2 refunds of 360$ I needmy money now.. this sucks

Login to Me Too

speeduck

i wonder also as i have a237 dollar refund, it shows completed but my bank says they nothing of it, paypal stop using our money to collect interest...

Login to Me Too

Bonnela
Contributor
Contributor

I'm concerned at the number of people with the same problem. I returned mechandise on May 2nd to a well known store and as of today (May 17th),  have not received my $500+ refund. Customer service at the store traced the transaction and tells me that refund went to my bank on May 2 at midnight. So, where is it? I'm assuming "my bank" is whatever bank PayPal is using. The representaive I talked with at PayPal said that this has increasingly become an issue during the last three months. He suggested that I go to the store with my return receipt. I doubt that this will help given that they have already sent the information to the bank. They have done their part in a timely fashion. The problem would appear to lie with the bank.

Like many of you, I'm running a small business and really can't afford to have money that I could be using for inventory tied up for weeks. I'm told this could take a month. If I return additional inventory for a refund, I will tie up more money that, again, is money I would be putting back into my business to generate more revenue.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

EBay/Paypal - help us out here.

Login to Me Too

angiem10
Contributor
Contributor

ya lets all join forces and file a class action suit against paypal, they owe me $3000.00 havent seen a dime of it. purchases were made in january of 2014..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.