How does PayPal Credit work more in-depth?

Sinitik
Contributor
Contributor

1.) So, if I purchase an item over $99 with PayPal Credit I have 6 months to pay it off. What is the interest rate of an item below $98? or do I have 6 months for that as well? Disregard the rest of the questions if the answer is yes to this.

2.)Am I able to add something like a $97 purchase then later make a $5 purchase the next day to make it $102 and therefore 6 months to pay off?

3.) If I make a minimum payment on a transaction below $99 assuming it doesn't give me the 6 months, do I still get charged interest for that month? How long can I continue just paying minimum payments if so?

4.) Also, if I buy something for $200, then afterward pay for something that is $50. The balance sitting at $250, I send $50 to pay off my PayPal credit, does that go towards the $200 or the $50. If the $50 goes to the $200, then I'd need to pay off the full balance to get the $50 paid off to not get charged interest for not having a transaction over $99 right? Or does it become $250 that I can pay over 6 months? 

Thanks, I'm still pretty young and don't get the general idea behind credit cards atm, much less paypal credit. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you get an offer to actually USE PayPal Credit, you can then look at each of the options available.  You cannot choose in advance; each option is a promotion that may or may not be available.

You may not even get any PayPal Credit options for payment as each potential purchase is evaluated separately.

If you want to understand the options which may or my not be available, click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then go down to the PayPal Credit terms.

Login to Me Too

Sinitik
Contributor
Contributor

I did check there, but I frankly still had trouble understanding it. The biggest thing was that I'm allowed to use it for frankly everything as its defaulted as the payment method when using PayPal checkout. Currently, I have a bunch of small payments on it like $30-50, I generally pay them off the following day though. Prior I thought it was pay off something you bought and then you'd have 6 months to pay it, regardless of $99 under or above. I see now that it'll show you the financing options if its viable, so for other purchases does it work like a normal credit card? But what takes priority? 

As stated earlier though, I wanted to know which payment gets prioritized in the example of using paypal credit for a 6month payment for $150 and the other being a random $30 payment. Does paying off $30 go towards the $30 or the $150 and I would get charged interest for the $30 and the 6 month would have $120 left.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You will have PayPal offered as a payment option when non-disclosed qualicatons are met.  It's that simple.

As for payment applications, check page 2 of your full PayPal Credit statment; it is all explained there.

If you are still confused, then post details about your purchases as they are stated on the full statement and someone can explain how it would work for your case.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ifyou have hard time understanding how it works,avoid it and go with another payment method,make life easy for yourself

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.