First Data or other brand terminals

dfcauc
New Community Member

Can PayPal be programmed to be used with a First Data FD100Ti Credit Card Terminal or other brands?

This would be a nice feature.  

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No!

If you want FirstData convenience and FirstData security you need to use FirstData.

As part of FirstData, Clover Go is a good alternative and less expensive.  You still get all the benefits of a FirstData merchant account.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

can it be used to sell on EBAY?

I understand there are only 3 gateway processors which work with Ebay, 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

With a FirstData terminal you can accept credit card payments by phone.  It is a direct merchant account.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

With a FirstData terminal you can accept credit card payments by phone.  It is a direct merchant account.

but how does it work with an Ebay order?

you want them to place an order on Ebay.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You set up eBay for other payment.

When the buyer makes the purchase, you phone the buyer and take the credit card number over the phone.  You also accept the risk of not being able to verify the buyer as you would with a card present.

I do this for some purchases from my own website and also from people who have previously made in-person purchases payments.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Some day  all these do it yourself retailer,taxi driver,hotelier are all going to BITE SOMEONE IN THE **bleep** !

Saw someone selling shrimp from his pickup truck in a strip mall parking lot,wonder if he accepts credit card with Paypal here,Square or First Data?

And what if we file a chargeback for shrimps not received? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.