need money to be released or tv will not be able to be shipped

dtravis
Contributor
Contributor
I have someone that is waiting with their money in the air because you guys think you have the right to eyeball all of our transactions ect. The buyer isn't happy with you either because he wants his tv and I'm trying to send it but its not cheap.
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Check out PayPal policies and rights to safeguard any and all funds using whatever risk prevention parameters available.  PayPal will release funds when the funds are secure and within the polcies for new and established sellers.  If your PayPal transaction shows an issue, then you need to wait until PaPal says it is OK to ship.

As a seller it is yor own responsibility to manage business finances so you have current funds to meet your business needs, including shipping.

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if this was  purchased in ebay you can request for a partial release for shipping label. if not then try to borrow some from someone. paypal have right to hold payment to make sure sellers will do good selling habits.

Login to Me Too

dtravis
Contributor
Contributor
Me and buyer have BOTH agreed to move the sale on asap so he can get his tv as soon as possible. He already had to wait the weekend. There's no way i can ship until that money is released. Not for another 2 weeks. And i still want my money before I send it so i don't get ripped off. So please fix this problem. Talk to the buyer himself if you have too!
Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

ShiraYuki gave you great advice but you didn't respond at all to what it was.  Did this sell happen on ebay and if so why haven't you asked for a partial release of the funds to fund the shipment of the unit.

Login to Me Too

Sarahcat77
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same thing done to a few clients on several occasions, I would advise waiting for the payment to process before shipping because frankly it might not go through and you'd be out a TV for free plus shipping. There should be a way for the buyer to go into their account and update the payment or for you to have it process faster, I've never had it take more than 2 days before it goes through or gets denied. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal is trying to protect itself and you the seller to make sure his money is good,ask him to wait.

Login to Me Too

dtravis
Contributor
Contributor

Both ME AND THE BUYER BOTH want the money to be released, so I can ship him his item... I CANNOT ship this item as the buyer paid for shipping and handling and I dont have the extra money to ship this item at the moment being a college student. Email him for confirmation, cause if not, im going to give him a return on his money which will include the money YOU GUYS made from his purchase, and now your holding HIS money!!!!!! If the shipping is included, how am I suppose to ship the item out???? Just because Im new to this and dont sell stuff everyday on ebay, then Im just not allowed to sell anything on ebay without having to spend my own money???? The buyers email address is <removed> Screenshot_2016-08-24-13-45-53.png@ comcast.net. Go ahead and contact the seller and ask him if he wants the money released so I can send him his tv. Even he thinks this is rediculous. If not Ill just refund his money, including the money you guys made off OUR sale, and find another website to sell my item on. I will be telling everyone about my issues with both paypal and ebay and how horrible the service is. I understand you are trying to prevent people from Lying and selling fake suff or not sending anything at all, but thats not me. I have a big box with a tv sitting in my room waiting to ship to this man once my money is released. Im lucky the buyer himself has agreed to wait a few days for the money to be released to me because he wants this tv. Wake up Paypal and stop getting in peoples business.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@dtravis

When in business, make sure you have sufficient funds to oprate your business; this means keep funds avaiable for shipping and other business expenses.  It's not PayPal's policy to float you  short term loan for your business expenses.

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you don't want people to get into your business you should have not used paypal in the first place. you used paypal without knowing how they work. you don't even wanna accept advces

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.