The card you entered cannot be used for this payment.

abwwi
Contributor
Contributor

I have a customer who has paid with the same credit card.  Once a couple of weeks ago, then last week.  Both successful.

They tried to pay again today for the same amount and it gave the error message,

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

Any ideas?  Thanks, Dan

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

missusdeeg
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  I keep having to pay vendors with Bill Me Later because it won't take my credit card.  Did you get any resolution?  I am paying interest on my purchases now! Thanks

Login to Me Too

SameTrouble
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Credit card company says there is no reason the payment should be blocked. Paypal on the phone says check with credit card company.  What now?  I made eBay PayPal payment just yesterday with no problems. Vendor has no idea why this is happening to me.  He is getting other payments.

Login to Me Too

missusdeeg1
Contributor
Contributor

I figured it out! 

I found it in a PayPal Help Center.  It's the message you get when the user tries to pay with a card that is already associated with another PayPal account. 

The user has to go to www.paypal.com and click on "Trouble with Logon" 

Happy Shopping!

Login to Me Too

SameTrouble
Contributor
Contributor

So what did you do to fix the problem?  I only have one paypal account.

Login to Me Too

missusdeeg1
Contributor
Contributor

I found that way back when I had another acct set up.  If you go to Trouble with Logon and choose the I forgot my username and password, it will allow you to enter random emails.  That's how I found my long lost acct.

Login to Me Too

SameTrouble
Contributor
Contributor

Ok makes sense for your situation.  I will try that but I have only had one account.  Also, I used my account just the day before with no problem.  So something changed overnight for me.  But thanks for your reply.

Login to Me Too

missusdeeg1
Contributor
Contributor
Well, I still may be able to help. The way I solved mine was by using the virtual assistant. I entered the problem, will not accept credit card, and 4 possibilities popped up. I don't recall what the others were but one was "the billing address does not match" maybe try the virtual assistant under Contact Us Or Help? Good luck
Login to Me Too

SameTrouble
Contributor
Contributor
Ok I'll try that. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.