Scammed - Need advice

Biz112
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short - I paid someone a few hundred dollars to do some web design work for me. In the terms of the payments and in the invoice the person stated that I could receive a refund at anytime no questions asked which made me feel comfortable sending the money. However, fast forward a month later and the seller has been unresponsive and uncooperative with me and when I ask for my money back he gets hostile. I have all correspondence between myself and the seller. Also, about a day after initially paying the seller I stumbled upon some unfalttering scam reports online about the seller. I immediately contacted paypal to inform them of the issue and to have record that I made them aware of the fraud early but agreed to give the seller a few weeks to proove himself.

However, I have lost hope and feel like I am about to become a victim of a rip off. I am a student and don't have a lot of money so this few hundred is a lot to me. Will paypal take notice of the terms in the invoice that the seller agreed to and write out himself and give me my money back? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately this type of issue happens a lot.  One has to keep in mind that this type of transaction is considered a service and per the User Agreement, there's no buyer protection.  Not so honest people are aware of PayPal's Policies and know what they can get away with.  There's a good chance that PayPal won't do anything in your favor and most likely tell you that there's no buyer protection transactions like this.

If you paid with a credit card, it's possible your card issuer may be able to help you out.  You would need to contact them for advice and/or assistance.

Login to Me Too

Biz112
Contributor
Contributor

Even with it point blank in the invoice that I will receive a refund at anytime? 

I fid it hard to beleive that wirtten proof gets no respect from paypal.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's a moot point.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.