Remove email address from autocomplete form when making payment

thomasnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

I sent payment to a seller and she gave me a wrong email address. The payment was unclaimed and I canceled it, then resend to the correct email. Because the wrong and the correct addresses are similar (only different in .net and .com), when I start typing the first few letters, the wrong address pops up as autocomplete option. 

Since I will be sending payments to this seller often in the future, I do not want this wrong email address to keep poping up, lest I accidentally select it. How do I remove this from my account history completely?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Look for the auto-complete options in your browser.

Login to Me Too

thomasnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

I use Google Chrome and the autofill settings only has two sections, one for (physical) addresses and other for credit cards. I believe this has more to do with Paypal than with the browser.

Login to Me Too

Azryu
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal does not offer email auto fill. I imagine they very much wish you wouldn't use the feature at all if I had to guess (for security reasons alone).

It's a feature of your browser and your browser alone.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Chrome settings (Android phone and table) has an option to turn on/fo Autofill forms. Just turn it off.  Should work.

Login to Me Too

thomasnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

I figured it out. I hilighted the unwanted text (using arrow key or mouse cursor) then press Shift + Delete, it removed the text. Sometimes you can just press Delete but in my case it needs two keys. 

http://superuser.com/questions/175250/how-to-remove-one-or-all-auto-complete-text-entries-in-chrome

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.