Refund

Blake112
Contributor
Contributor

if i were to contact my bank and tell them that some of my transactions was unauthorized on paypal and they refund me the money, what would happen to paypal? would paypal refund on the person that stole the money?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you work through your bank to get money returned from your PayPal account to your bank acccount you would need some reason to state the PayPal did not have authorization to make the withrawal from the bank account.  But, you likely gave PayPal authorizaton to withdraw funds as needed, so I likely reaction would be that your PayPal account would be limited.  Furthermore clawing the money back from PayPal has no impact on your originl PayPal transaction.

If you have an issue with a PayPal transaction being not authorized you need to address that with PayPal and dispute them directly.

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

your bank will just redirect you to paypal for those dispute , they will not refund your money.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In order to access your bank account which is linked to your PAYPAL account,that person would have to hack into your PAYPAL account using your logon ID and password/

How did it happen?

Login to Me Too

Blake112
Contributor
Contributor

i got keylogged, so he got into my paypal account and sent money away with friends and family option so i dont know if its possible to get refunded if i contact paypal directly. also my account is limited and i was under 18 at the time so i couldn't confirm my account

so i told my bank that paypal security is weak 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.