Payment being received

rcooper91

I had a buyer tell me that he didn't have money on his paypal account and it was going to take 3-5 days before he can make a payment to me. I never have money on my paypal account and I can still make payments, they just take it from my checking account. Is what this buyer saying true, because I have never encountered this and don't know what to do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, for example, if the buyer has a US PayPal Account and uses his or her bank account to make the purchase, it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 days for the funds to be credited to your PayPal Account Balance.  The exception is if the buyer also has a credit card linked and confirmed, then he or she can do an instant transfer from their bank account - in that scenario, you would receive the funds almost right away.   Of course you should not ship until the funds are in your PayPal Account Balance.

Login to Me Too

rcooper91

They are saying that they can't even make the payment for 3-5 days due to lack of funds on their account. I know it may take 1-2 days to clear my account but they aren't even making the payment yet. I have never heard of this and my paypal account never has money on it but it pays for my things and then takes it from my checking account, no one has ever waited for my payments.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Then you have your answer.  There's nothing else that can be accomplished here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.