Pay After Delivery - why not available???

omesaara
New Community Member

I have come to LOVE the Pay After Delivery option.  As a person who does NOT own or use credit cards, this was my way of being able to make purchases before the funds were available so that I was SURE they would arrive on time.  But I was HIGHLY dismayed to find this evening, when I went in and made a larger-than-usual purchase in the hopes of not having to pay for it until 2 weeks from now (well AFTER my next pay day!), it was not provided as an option...but it was too late to cancel the transaction, so I had to pay for it anyway!  I would NOT have purchased this item tonight if I had known I wouldn't have 2 weeks to pay for it.  Now I'm financially strapped for the next 2 weeks.  If this is not going to be consistently offered as an option, I WISH that information would be provided IN ADVANCE...before we commit to buy the item!  😞  Not cool.

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

w1ve
Contributor
Contributor

If using ebay, unlink ebay-paypal (forcing you to log into Paypal).  this turned PAD back on for me.

YMMV

Login to Me Too

karenlac
Contributor
Contributor

It may just have been a fluke that it turned it back on for your ebay purchase.  I don't have ebay linked to Paypal - I manually log into Paypal every time I make a purchase from ebay.  I double checked anyway and still PAD won't show up at the check out screen.  I even have PAD saved as my preferred payment method in my Paypal account - I still can't get it to come up for ANY ebay purchase.  Even with sellers that I've used PAD with on ebay before!  It makes no sense why I would be able to use PAD with a seller on ebay before and two months later, it isn't an option.  I submitted another ticket to Paypal and am waiting for a response.  My guess is they have no clue - they just programmed a computer to determine if PAD can be used and they have no understanding of how it works!

I find it suspicous that PAD worked and was an option for just about every transaction I used Paypal with during the holiday season and suddenly after the holidays, no one can get it to show up.  Trust me I've made close to a 100 purchases on ebay over the last four months and there has been an obvious difference with PAD being available.  It's hard to believe that all the different sellers and puchases I've made through ebay just in the last 2 months, that NOT ONE of them gave me an option to use PAD.  I was even able to use PAD on purchases from Toys R Us during the holidays - When I make a purchase now, PAD isn't an option even though it's active on my account.

PAYPAL - You gave certain members the option of PAD and then take it back or say it's only for certain purchases. Yet you can't explain when it's an option or for what purchases.  If a payment option is active for a member, the member should decide when they want to use it - not some computer!  It's a pretty crappy way to treat your customers! 

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

I had a hell of a lot of crappy treatment from ebay and paypal and hear so many stories like one claims if you unlink ebay-paypal then pad comes up but show me or tell me how to unlink ebay - paypal and i cant believe that story i cant get pad

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

how do you unlink ebay-paypal i want that pay after delivery option

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

so you unlink ebay-paypal ok tell me how to do it iam at paypal where do i go to unlink ebay and paypal i just dont want talk show me how i would love to have that pad

mari

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

how do you unlink ebay and pay show me or tell me the steps we all want to know or is this just another bragging story

marimarihi

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

you will never get a straight answer for pad because its a poer trip and in some cases they might have a valid reason but in my three years plus experience and 234 emails later ebay/paypal not one answer for anything. nobody gets pay after delivery and nobody can reackh a live human being in customer service, its just a golden carrot that we cant reach and the power trips of ebay and paypal

Login to Me Too

morristaylor71
Contributor
Contributor

hello guys  i realy love this payment option my self. but afer jan 1 2013  i seen it was gone.   i missed it very much  just like all of you.   well just today i called paypal not about  the pay after delivery option . but about my payment amount being caped  it seemed i could only pay  up to 80 useing my bank option anything over i had to use a credit card   so i asked is ther anyway to fix this . to remove the cap  and he sad yes he told me to go back to the iten i was trying to buy and try it again. so i did and guess what  the pay after delivery was back  . i was so happy to see it i almost cryed lol  im not shur if this will wotk for all of you but i just wanted to tell you all how i got mine back i hope this works for all who trys

Login to Me Too

karenlac
Contributor
Contributor

So, you didn't do anything for the PAD to come up?  Who ever you spoke to at Paypal must have done something while on the phone with you to lift your limit and that for some reason allowed PAD to come up.  This is precisely what I mean about PAD - there's no rhyme or reason as to when it's available.  My limit is very high - higher than the actual money I have to spend... LOL.  I have no idea what that has to do with PAD but it looks like when some changes are made to the Paypal account, PAD shows up - it's all random which is why Paypal has to correct it.  I wonder if you try to purchase something else if PAD will still be there?

Login to Me Too

morristaylor71
Contributor
Contributor

yes my P.A.D  is still working i have won  3 items and pay for all of them with P.A.D  im not shur if your right or not all i realy know is  i called in tyto have my buying limited raised and it was back. maybe if every one called in trying to have thers raised it mite work from them or maybe your right it was just a fluk  who knows   . all i know for shur its back  and it came back after i called lol   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.