Pay After Delivery - why not available???

omesaara
New Community Member

I have come to LOVE the Pay After Delivery option.  As a person who does NOT own or use credit cards, this was my way of being able to make purchases before the funds were available so that I was SURE they would arrive on time.  But I was HIGHLY dismayed to find this evening, when I went in and made a larger-than-usual purchase in the hopes of not having to pay for it until 2 weeks from now (well AFTER my next pay day!), it was not provided as an option...but it was too late to cancel the transaction, so I had to pay for it anyway!  I would NOT have purchased this item tonight if I had known I wouldn't have 2 weeks to pay for it.  Now I'm financially strapped for the next 2 weeks.  If this is not going to be consistently offered as an option, I WISH that information would be provided IN ADVANCE...before we commit to buy the item!  😞  Not cool.

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

casha06
New Community Member

They do not offer it to anyone with a strike against their name

Login to Me Too

sailor1mom
Contributor
Contributor

what do you consider as a strike?   just having disputes is not what does it. not if you win your dispute. that is buyers protection.  now non payers I could see.  but as you can see most of us are saying that we have called and there is no problem with our accounts. 

I have no strikes against my account.  I had one way back in 2010 but apparently since I had been using PAD since it came out until Last month, that did not work against me.

all of the cases have closed and that was only 3-4. all in my favor.  breakage, non reciept, snad.  so that cannot be what it is.  I think that it cost paypal too much.

they had to backup the amounts that they sending to the buyers and wait 14 days to be reimbursed.  did they over extend? and would they tell us if their banks started saying NO?

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, well I just made my final call to Paypal.

I think I got somewhat of an answer.

I asked them why I have been unable to use PAD for a couple of weeks.  As of last week, I had six PAD transactions pending that have came out of my bank as of today.

The CS rep told me that once those officially clear the bank (should take another few days) I should be able to use the PAD feature again.  I said I never had to wait before to use PAD, it was always available to me even if I had a lot of transactions pending.

She more or less told me that they have had issues with other customers not having funds available to pay for the PAD purchases, and that they are being more careful now.  She said sometimes a few bad customers ruin it for everyone.

So there it is.

Login to Me Too

SC1974
Contributor
Contributor

I wish it were that simple.  They just fed you another line to get you off the phone.  Although what she told you was true, don't expect PAD to come back to you as an option.  If you have outstanding transactions, then that's good, you're lucky.  But my singular outstanding payment posted on the 11th and I've been unable to initiate any new ones since April 1st.  

So if anything, Paypal is starting to use the truth to conveniently get off the line and send you on your way.  Paypal does limit the amount of PAD transactions you can have pending.  And although this worked in the past, I've found that 10-12 outstanding transactions was the limit.  When one posted, wait a couple days, then you can use the feature again.  But that's not the case in the past few weeks.  

I've noticed that the hand off from Ebay to Paypal stalls on IE and Firefox browsers, where Chrome and Safari do not show a stall....each transfer, handoff, authentication from Ebay to Paypal takes longer than it used to.  It's always been a crap shoot if PAD was going to be available...now it's just gone.  I don't ever expect it back and I won't be making any purchases I'm not immediately ready to pay for from now on.

It's going to save me money too.  Items I would ordinarily wait for, I was purchasing in advance, and now I can budget my ebay expenses again without going into next weeks paycheck.  

It's broken, for some, not all...and if it ever works again for those of us who have fought for it then 'goodie' but don't hold your breath.  All things come to an end...and it's quite possible that the speculation of Paypal being over extended make perfect sense, although impossible to prove...it's the only reasonable exploitation from an organization hell bent on disinformation and dissatisfaction.  They have you hooked..It's the only way to pay for ebay...and you can say you won't use it again...but c'mon, you really expect us to believe that? I for one will buy what I can afford with the money I have on hand and be better for it.

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

@SC1974 wrote:

I wish it were that simple.  They just fed you another line to get you off the phone.  Although what she told you was true, don't expect PAD to come back to you as an option.  If you have outstanding transactions, then that's good, you're lucky.  But my singular outstanding payment posted on the 11th and I've been unable to initiate any new ones since April 1st.  

So if anything, Paypal is starting to use the truth to conveniently get off the line and send you on your way.  Paypal does limit the amount of PAD transactions you can have pending.  And although this worked in the past, I've found that 10-12 outstanding transactions was the limit.  When one posted, wait a couple days, then you can use the feature again.  But that's not the case in the past few weeks.  

I've noticed that the hand off from Ebay to Paypal stalls on IE and Firefox browsers, where Chrome and Safari do not show a stall....each transfer, handoff, authentication from Ebay to Paypal takes longer than it used to.  It's always been a crap shoot if PAD was going to be available...now it's just gone.  I don't ever expect it back and I won't be making any purchases I'm not immediately ready to pay for from now on.

It's going to save me money too.  Items I would ordinarily wait for, I was purchasing in advance, and now I can budget my ebay expenses again without going into next weeks paycheck.  

It's broken, for some, not all...and if it ever works again for those of us who have fought for it then 'goodie' but don't hold your breath.  All things come to an end...and it's quite possible that the speculation of Paypal being over extended make perfect sense, although impossible to prove...it's the only reasonable exploitation from an organization hell bent on disinformation and dissatisfaction.  They have you hooked..It's the only way to pay for ebay...and you can say you won't use it again...but c'mon, you really expect us to believe that? I for one will buy what I can afford with the money I have on hand and be better for it.

Yes, well I am not holding my breath for PAD to become for available again for me.  It was good while it lasted, but as you said, this is better, because I will just spend less money on ebay and use the money for my up and coming move lol.  Needed to save more anyway.

Login to Me Too

bribucsbri
Contributor
Contributor

That's all well and good, but I don't have any pending pay after delivery transactions and haven't for a month, so Paypal using that as an excuse is wrong.  I think Paypal just doesn't want to offer the option anymore, but also doesn't want their customers to know that fact.

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

@bribucsbri wrote:

That's all well and good, but I don't have any pending pay after delivery transactions and haven't for a month, so Paypal using that as an excuse is wrong.  I think Paypal just doesn't want to offer the option anymore, but also doesn't want their customers to know that fact.

I guess that could be so, but then why are some people still able to use it?  I have seen several people say that they can use it, while others can't.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this.

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

my record is so perfect two checks coming every month to bank account and no opt out option online so every paypal trans action has gone through without a hitch yet i cant get pay after delivery and been with ebay for ten years

my record is perfect and i cant get pay later credit card either so i think pay after delivery is a sham or pipe dream and wasted many hours and burn up my phone card trying to get a supervisor at paypal and sixty wasted emails

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

@marimarihi wrote:

my record is so perfect two checks coming every month to bank account and no opt out option online so every paypal trans action has gone through without a hitch yet i cant get pay after delivery and been with ebay for ten years

my record is perfect and i cant get pay later credit card either so i think pay after delivery is a sham or pipe dream and wasted many hours and burn up my phone card trying to get a supervisor at paypal and sixty wasted emails

Yea, I am just giving up on it.  I will no longer purchase on ebay with the hopes that this option will be available. 

Paypal should really look at each individual case and then determine if PAD should be offered.  Since both you and I have used PAD a lot (I personally have used it for hundreds of transactions) and never had any issues, we should not be punished for someone who might have used it once or twice and not had $ in their account. 

It should be like a credit card, if you have good payment history then they increase your credit and if you have poor payment history they close your account or don't raise your credit.

It's crazy that it seems to be so random.  My boyfriend, who buys maybe three things on ebay a year was able to use PAD last week, while I, who shop on ebay constantly, can no longer use it. 

Login to Me Too

redheads2cool
Contributor
Contributor

here is the email reply I got from Paypal...I specifically asked why the PAD is not working and didnt get an answer just told how it works...OY....we already know how it works...guess they don't know why or dont want to tell us why it does not work any longer...My acct too has no issues...I just had a PAD withdrawal come thru 3 days ago was the last one on my acct...

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

Pay After Delivery is a method of payment where you don’t pay until you receive your item and make sure it's what you expected. We pay the seller upfront and withdraw the payment from your bank account 14 days later. There is no fee to schedule a payment using Pay After Delivery.

You still have full coverage on your payments. If you don’t receive your item or the item isn’t what you expected, just let us know by reporting a problem in the PayPal Resolution Center. If you report the problem within 14 days of making your purchase we’ll put your payment on hold and you won’t pay until the dispute is resolved.

Note:

• Not every purchase allows Pay After Delivery and when it’s available you’ll see the option on the 'Review Your Information' page during checkout
  • You need a confirmed bank to use Pay After Delivery.
  • If there isn’t enough money in your bank account to complete your scheduled Pay After Delivery payment, we’ll use your backup payment method. We make two attempts to debit your bank account for a payment before we use your backup payment method.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.