Pay After Delivery - why not available???

omesaara
New Community Member

I have come to LOVE the Pay After Delivery option.  As a person who does NOT own or use credit cards, this was my way of being able to make purchases before the funds were available so that I was SURE they would arrive on time.  But I was HIGHLY dismayed to find this evening, when I went in and made a larger-than-usual purchase in the hopes of not having to pay for it until 2 weeks from now (well AFTER my next pay day!), it was not provided as an option...but it was too late to cancel the transaction, so I had to pay for it anyway!  I would NOT have purchased this item tonight if I had known I wouldn't have 2 weeks to pay for it.  Now I'm financially strapped for the next 2 weeks.  If this is not going to be consistently offered as an option, I WISH that information would be provided IN ADVANCE...before we commit to buy the item!  😞  Not cool.

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried Etsy and still no luck using PAD.

I'm just ready to give up on it, looks like a glitch Paypal is not fixing.

Too bad for them (and ebay).  Purchased an expensive hairdryer yesterday on Amazon, that I would have otherwise gotten on ebay, but since I am having this issue, I refuse to spend any more money with either ebay or paypal. 

I feel like I'm being punished for being a good customer.

Login to Me Too

noemiethegreat
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't get it. So I guess I am able to use it for etsy purchases, but not ebay. It really surprised me when I saw PAD as an option earlier because in the last month I've limited my ebay purchases since I thought it was totally gone. I guess the only benefit of this is that I'll shop less and save money now.

Login to Me Too

aviandano
Contributor
Contributor

I was totally surprised when the other day for fun went and ordered a necklace off of Sarraf's Jewelry web site and when I went to paypal the PAD was available, I almost fell off my chair! Now mind you I've tried to see if I can purchase other items off the internet but not happening. I really don't get it?? Maybe after the necklace purchase has gone through then perhaps I'll have that option again. i use to have approx 5 items at the same time with PAD so it really makes no sense at all.

Login to Me Too

SC1974
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously folks, you all should stop 'chatting' about this issue and do something about it.  Pay After Delivery is broken, Let Paypal know this.  Take a few minutes out of your day to complain, address and try to resolve this issue with paypal.  This community chat board isn't getting this feature restored.  I've made several complaints and calls...unless you take this matter into your own hands, it's not going to get fixed on it's own.

Login to Me Too

karenlac
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, SC1974, if you read people's posts, the overwhelming majority of users have stated again and again that they have contacted Paypal regarding their issues with PAD - including myself.  I've been back and forth with Paypal for over 3 months now regarding PAD... I've sent numerous emails, used the "contact us" form and have called Paypal's useless customer service agents over and over and over again.  I've even saved all the email messages.  I still have not received a clear response.  Either the agent has not idea what PAD is or they copy and paste what little info. There is from the help section or they just lie and make up answers and take guesses as to why PAD doesn't work or they just stop replying because I've questioned their responses. 

So, to write a post telling people to stop complaining on here and do something about it by contacting Paypal, upsets me a bit.  Like I said, the majority of people posting about PAD have clearly stated they have contacted Paypal in one way or another asking questions and seeking answers.  Many users have posted recently info. About their own experience in contacting Paypal regarding PAD, so I don't know where you got that everyone is just "chatting" about the issue and not doing anything about it!

On a separate note... I have kept records of all the communication I've had with Paypal about PAD including all the emails.  I did this because I'll be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau tomorrow afternoon.  Since there is absolutely no sense of urgency on Paypal's part to correct PAD or provide truthful answers, I'm escalating the issue.  We'll see how Paypal reacts when the PAD issue is brought to the attention of someone outside of their company, since they don't have the ability to resolve the issue from within or provide any answers to their customers.  I strongly suggest that others do the same and file a complaint with the BBB, especially if you've already tried several times to go through Paypal customer service, only to be lied to, ignored and purposely given false/incorrect information.  I'd also be very happy to post updates and responses on this board from the BBB and Paypal as they are received (which doesn't mean I'm just "chatting" about the issue!!)!

Login to Me Too

SC1974
Contributor
Contributor

My comment was short, it's easy to understand why you may have mistaken it for an attack on the users of this forum, suggesting that collectively said users were complaining and not doing anything to try to solve their problem. I however made no attack in that manner and the fact that you took it the way and that it did upset you, seems to have had the desired effect, however not meant to inflame you. I'm looking to get more users active in resolution. You are the first to post such detailed efforts.

There are 62 posts to this issue starting in November of 2012, and only 8 of them have any evidence that anyone made more than cursory inquiries of paypal, they may have done so but not said so...there are 34 unique users and several responses are from the same users. There are 7 attempts to speculate and solve the problem with fixes that don't work, 3 blind speculations and so on. A lot of the posts "I'm having this issue too", to the tune of 29 of them. Most of the content of these posts however is very frustrating, all users like you and me who want to get this resolved. I'm not accusing anyone of complaining, rather I'm hoping to get more users active in achieving resolution to this problem.

I'm am however eager to hear of your results with the BBB. And for the record, your posts have been quite spot on when addressing the issue. There needs to others dedicated to that end if this is to be resolved...that was my whole point.

I am simply addressing the users of this forum, this problem has been occuring since November 2012 for some users and it seems to be a rash of new complaints since April of 2013.  There are no answers here in this forum as of yet and the problem persists.  I plan to continue to call, and find other areas to address this matter in hopes of resolution.  I urge others to do the same.  Paypal will misdirect and misinform.  In the end it's a service that they don't have to offer any of us.

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

After having made about 5 phone calls to Paypal, I think I'm done.  If they don't want to offer PAD to me anymore, that is fine, I just simply won't shop with ebay or use paypal as much as I did. 

I really liked the option of having the time to pay for my items and I thought the whole idea behind PAD was to protect the buyers somewhat.  Since I opened a case on an item I never received, I have been unable to use the feature.  So I feel it is like I am being punished for using PAD as intended.  Even though I spend thousands on ebay every year and have never had a probelm with my Paypal account.

I might attempt to make one more call to Paypal and speak to a supervisor, but I have a feeling it's pointless.

Good going Paypal.  Way to alienate your customers.

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

forget better business bureau they just keep records with ebay and paypal the last three years i filed seven complaints nothing happened

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

doing something about is futile five hours in ten days on phone burned up my phone card of 30.00 and got nowhere and 37 emails its not worth it and still got nowhere

Login to Me Too

bribucsbri
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree.  I loved the Pay After Delivery option and used it frequently until a month and a half ago when it just disappeared with no explanation.  Paypal has been no help in explaining what is going on either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.