Paid a PayPal invoice on a credit card

smithyboy

I paid a PayPal invoice using my credit card over 24hrs ago. It looked like everything went through OK but the payment is not showing on my credit card account. How can I find out if it processed OK? I do not want to pay again and have it go through twice. How long does it usually take to process? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi smithyboy,

Welcome! 🙂

PayPal will request an authorization from your credit card issuer right away but it may take a few days for the final charge to appear.  If your credit card account does not display authorizations, that might explain why it didn't show up.

I would expect that the charge is appearing by now.  If not, then it's likely that the payment didn't go through with PayPal or another funding source was used on your PayPal account.  If you don't see the payment in your PayPal History, then we know for certain that it didn't go through.

I hope this helps! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.