Its so easy to scam on PayPal wow... It's amazing

Rdxabdulrahman
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item to a buyer, buyer recieved the item, and lateron he files a chargeback and PayPal took money from my account and gave to that cheating buyer. I provided each and every proof that the item is delivered to the buyer, but buyer provided no proof, just he files a chargeback and he gets money back and my item is also with him. I never thought that its too dammn easy to cheat a seller on PayPal, PayPal doesn't even care, they call themselves world class seller protection which is 101% false. I think PayPal wants us to stop using PayPal since there are ton more better alternatives available.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If it was a charge back then the dispute was done directly via the buyers credit card company. 

If that was so then you would not have missed out if you met all the requirements of seller protection and proof of delivery is only one of them. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rdxabdulrahman
Contributor
Contributor
I provided the proof of item delivery but they say that the decision is made by card issuer of the buyer and they have no power... So what should i do if its made by card issuer..? For me my money matters.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you read my above post? 

I said you would not have lost out if you met ALL the criteria of seller protection but as you did lose out then you can't have done that. 

Have you read up on seller protection? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Galgon
New Community Member

Wow kernowlass, don't be such an a**hole.

And yes, Paypal is scammer's haven.

Login to Me Too

mmapower
New Community Member

You are correct.  Paypal does very little to protect the seller.  It's very easy to test my claim. When you checkout with paypal enter your credit card number, but use a different name (any name)  and any address you choose.  You don't even need the security code.  The charge will go thru successfully.  I've complained many times to Paypal but they do nothing.  We've had so much fraud because it's impossible to determine if the purchase is real or not.  So what happens as you know, you ship the product, pay for shipping, then paypal fees, than charge back fees.  So as a merchant you lose the cost of teh product, shipping cost, paypal cost and charge back.  The only way Paypal would change their practices is if they had a class action suit by merchants

Paypal you should be ashamed fo yourselves..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.