Chargebacks + Scams when selling on Paypal?

Seller2016

Hi

Im selling my iphone 6s plus too this guy online (not ebay) But he said he will pay through paypal.

I read That If your selling an item you should do the option friends and family so the buyer wont scam ??

Well he is sending it through friends and family and then im gonna send the phone but is there anyway he can scam me?

Im worried about him filing a dispute or a Chargeback and taking the money back and me loosing my phone and him making my account go negative and stuff.

Please shed some light here.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

He cant open a dispute  of item not received or item not as described,because it is not about a sale.

But he can say I never authorise this transaction? 

Login to Me Too

Seller2016

So basically, I can still get scammed... Or if he does do that i just have to have like Tracking number proof saying that it was delivered ?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course you can get scammed.  Seller or buying a high demand electronic product at a seemingly discount prrice ia an invitation for a scam.

Accepting payment as friends/family for a sale is against PayPal policies, so this could become an issue which limits your account.

You have no record for delivery status as there is no product an no shipping associated with the product.

If the buyer claims it was an unauthorized charge, you have no seller protection as there was no sale.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Seller2016 wrote:

So basically, I can still get scammed... Or if he does do that i just have to have like Tracking number proof saying that it was delivered ?

since there is no sale,there is no need to prove delivery.

you can always ask for cash or money order or postal order,then he gets no protection if you ship him a box of rocks.

no risk,no reward,least you can do is to insure the item or if local,arrange cash pick up

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.