IS Payments secured or covered by Paypal security if Payment is sent by email address ?

usernil
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone.i just need your help.A seller on ebay is telling me to send him payments throught paypal rather than doing it via ebay...i just want to know if paypal security policy cover this type of making payments..i would be gratefull if anyone could advise me..

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi usernil

The seller is trying to avoid paying fees thats why they have asked you to pay that way

If you do buy/pay outside of Ebay always choose the "goods" option not "gift/personal"

If you pay for "goods" and there is a problem with your purchase you have 45 days to open a dispute on ppal, you will not be able to open a dispute in Ebay

I have known people who have been asked to pay this way, then the seller continues the auction to see if they get more money and will sell to the highest seller whether you have paid or not. or if there is a problem you wont be able to leave feedback

Really its best to pay for an Ebay item through the Ebay checkout but the decision is yours

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi usernil

The seller is trying to avoid paying fees thats why they have asked you to pay that way

If you do buy/pay outside of Ebay always choose the "goods" option not "gift/personal"

If you pay for "goods" and there is a problem with your purchase you have 45 days to open a dispute on ppal, you will not be able to open a dispute in Ebay

I have known people who have been asked to pay this way, then the seller continues the auction to see if they get more money and will sell to the highest seller whether you have paid or not. or if there is a problem you wont be able to leave feedback

Really its best to pay for an Ebay item through the Ebay checkout but the decision is yours

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.