I sold a $2,300 item and now it is being disputed!!

Cavesina
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know if paypal is good at investigating and helping ebay sellers recoup the chargeback?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the dispute is for non receipt of item then if you provide the tracking number and it shows the item was delivered to the buyers addy you should be ok.

We can't talk in general terms as very much depends on what you sold, how you sold, how you were paid and how you sent it PLUS if it was described correctly etc etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cavesina
Contributor
Contributor
Ahh thank you. Here is more detail. I sold a cellulite machine and sent it via FedEx. Tracking shows delivered. The lady called me daily and sent emails and text messages asking how to use the machine. I spent over 2 hours with her on the phone and the machine was working. I have a 14 day return policy. She then sends me a text message at day 25 saying the machine doesn't work and she is sending it back! I responded immediately with ok what is wrong with it and do you want me to swap it out. 3 days later I get a reply saying that she already sent it back without any insurance! And she said she opened and used the beauty products (which my policy clearly states no returns on beauty products that have been used). 1 week later she does a chargeback and I still don't have the machine!!! I send all proof to paypal. Another week later my neighbor brings a package to me that was delivered to him by mistake, the package is opened and it is only the used beauty products, still no machine! I had my neighbor get a statement of facts notarized stating this was the condition of the package when he received it. I sent everything to paypal and it is under review. I hope they are good at fighting charge backs, because I am out the machine, and my money. I can't resell these beauty products either!! What a mess! I also take videos of all machines prior to me shipping them. Showing that it was functioning perfectly. I always insure my packages for what it would cost me to replace the machine in case something happens during shipping. If something really wasn't working it could have happened during shipping and I could have filed an insurance claim but she didn't even give me that opportunity. I think she kept the machine and is hoping for a refund! B
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.