How often does a pending deposit update

kristinbeth77

I am waiting on a pending deposit to my bank account, and wondering if there are specific times PayPal updates(such as at midnight) or is it throughout the day. I don't want to keep checking my account throughout the day if it's only updating once a day. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Xelyore
Contributor
Contributor

It should take up to 24 hours maximum, this currently is a confirmation stage of your payment which is automatic and can sometimes take a while

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi kristinbeth77 -

That is actually a great question! I'm not sure that anyone has ever specifically asked this so thank you. 😄

There are actually two processes in action here. One is where PayPal sends the money out into the banking system. The other is the actual banks themselves, as far as moving your money around until it shows up in your account. To sync up as much as possible we each use essentially the same process. We send out multiple batches daily to the banks, and they move the money around in batches as well. This process is also why it takes at least a couple of days for any bank transfers to settle.

So, to answer your question, it would be throughout the day. However you may want to check with your bank to see when they might actually settle the deposits. While the money may show up there at any point during the day they may wait until a specific time to post it to your account rather than just having a rolling process of deposits.

Hope that helps!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.