Can't send more money via credit card?

tftyettmcc
New Community Member
I'm trying to send money to a friend using my paypal credit. A couple weeks ago I send him $50, it worked. And today I tried sending $300 and it wouldn't go through so I lowered it to $150 and it went. Now I'm trying to send the rest and it keeps saying it can't go through. Do I need to wait a couple of days between each transaction I try to do? I even tried sending $50 and it wouldn't work so I'm not really sure what's going on. It says "Your payment method isn't working. Do you want to try again with another card or bank?"
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Hi tftyettmcc -

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

There could be a couple of different options causing issues here. Both PayPal and PayPal Credit have security models that may limit funding options and amounts and even the ability for you to send a payment all together. These are most likely what is causing you to not be able to send your payments as you'd like. These may relax with a 'down time' period between you trying to send payments, they may not stop at all depending on multiple factors.

I hope this helps at least understand what's most likely happening here.

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.