How do I make a payment to PayPal

hennigh
Contributor
Contributor

The "make a payment" option is gone. The new and the classic forms both haven't got it. So how do I make a payment? Should I just forget about it and not pay? That doesn't seem right. But PayPal won't answer, either. I'm probably missing something really obvious, but they won't point it out to me. So. . .how do I make a payment?

Login to Me Too
629 REPLIES 629

cheracar
New Community Member

I agree! I always pay online! all of a sudden, I can not figure out how to make a payment to my credit account!

Login to Me Too

R_Rollins
Contributor
Contributor

To those who can't find a button or link to make payments to PayPal itself (to PayPal Credit):  I found today when I logged in at my

work PC with XP Pro operating system, that since XP can't upgrade Internet Explorer past IE8, the PayPal site does not display correctly and there is no way to get to your PayPal Credit screen or download a Statement PDF. I also have the Google Chrome browser installed and

logged in with that browser and found a ">" to the right of my PayPal Credit available credit figure.  That is the link button that takes you

to the PayPal Credit screen where you can make an on-line payment from your linked checking account and print a statement if you keep a paper statement file or want to mail a check to them. I imagine the site works correctly with IE10 and FireFox as well, but haven't tested.

Login to Me Too

humming
Contributor
Contributor

Why doesn't paypal have a simple button so those of us who want to keep our account current can pay.

I just want to pay what I owe paypal.

Login to Me Too

R_Rollins
Contributor
Contributor

Humming:  Did you find the page to pay at? The ">" is certainly not an intuitive link. An underlined phrase in a different color font is the usual method to signify a page link.

Login to Me Too

sprklme
Contributor
Contributor

Click on paypal credit, this will direct you to make your payment

Login to Me Too

R_Rollins
Contributor
Contributor

sprklme you are correct.  The phrase "Pay Pal Credit" and the rectangular box outlined with a thin black line as well as the ">"

character are all a button link hot spot.  If I click that using Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP it only takes me to the Pay Pal Account Balance page.  The PayPal site no longer works fully with the obselete IE8.  I am thinking that could be the reason so many people can't get to the Pay Pal Credit page to see their activity and pay the bill.  I noted in my earlier post today that that tripped me up until I logged in using the Google Chrome browser on my same old XP Pro desk top PC.

Login to Me Too

sprklme
Contributor
Contributor

click on paypal credit to make your payment

Login to Me Too

lilhaystack2006
New Community Member

how do i pay on my acc

Login to Me Too

R_Rollins
Contributor
Contributor

To lilhaystack2006,............Did you try any of the suggestions above?  What browser are you using? I had trouble yesterday using obselete Internet Explorer 8 and the site didn't work to get to the make payments page.  I'm using Google Crome version 37.0.2062.124m which Chrome says is current and everything displays and works correctly.  There is also the recent thread below on the same subject.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Can-t-make-payment-to-Paypal-Credit-literally/m-p...

Login to Me Too

deanamark
New Community Member

On the new home page, click on Wallet. Then click on Pay Pal Smart Connect ( right above your available credit) and you are in like Flint. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.