Help with refund times

User84736
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item using PayPal and now I requested for the company to refund it. So far, they've been very helpful in trying to resolve the supposed "issues with the refund" which, given how long I've been waiting for it now, I think might be a mild scam.

Now, while I would love to issue a refund request, there's one issue. Their refund policy is "Try the thing for 6 months and get your money back if you don't like it". The problem with this is that you can't get the refund before the 6 months, so it seems a normal PayPal refund method won't work.

They've said that they've issued the refund request to my paypal, then go on to say "It depends on how long it takes for PayPal to process it".

First question is: Is there anything I can do to force the refund through PayPal?

Second question is: How long does it take for PayPal to process a refund?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@User84736

If your bank can't help you then if the seller is a company in your own country you probably could file a claim via the small claims court?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

IF you paid via a debit card linked to your bank, call the number on the back of your card for assistance or log on to your online banking and see if you can open a dispute on the card transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.