Can't pay directly with my bank account

Psycho4Years
Contributor
Contributor

Last week I was able to pay directly with my bank account, but yesterday I wanted to order something and it shows I can only pay with a credit card that I don't have. I live in the Netherlands and i'm connected with the bank ABN AMRO. My PayPal account is verified so I have no idea what is going on. If someone could help me out then that would be much appresiated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Syzygy65
Contributor
Contributor

There's another thread here where people - seemingly just in the Netherlands and Belgium – are experiencing the same problem.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Paypal-is-suddenly-asking-to-add-a-creditcard-on-...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Psycho4Years

Have you had a recent dispute or a failed transfer from your bank?

Do you buy virtual or digital items.?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Psycho4Years
Contributor
Contributor

No dispute, no failed transfers. 

I try to buy from steam, last week I bought from steam. But yesterday it says that I have to add a credit card 😕

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Psycho4Years

OK thats why then. Virtual items are more risky buys so paypal like you to fund it with a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Psycho4Years
Contributor
Contributor

But I don't understand how I was able to buy items on steam with my bank account that is connected to my paypal last week. If I want to buy something now it wants me to add a credit card that I don't have. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Psycho4Years

They let you do a couple of transactions but now they are saying add a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Syzygy65
Contributor
Contributor

There's another thread here where people - seemingly just in the Netherlands and Belgium – are experiencing the same problem.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Paypal-is-suddenly-asking-to-add-a-creditcard-on-...

Login to Me Too

Psycho4Years
Contributor
Contributor

Just called with costomer support and this is indeed a problem in the Netherlands. He told me that it should be fixed today or tormorrow 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.